Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parc Ferme 1966 Welsh 3 day Trial

Alec Wright's outfit.
    2 Challenger based bikes and somebody needing a new seat!

Thanks Brian!

Pics downloaded in a couple of secs so I think Colin's broadband must come via the North Sea!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Took nearly a minute to download those pics. Rural Suffolk broadband is pants!
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Brian ,

Who was riding the outfit No. 6 ?.

The other two MEVC 10C & PVX 97D , I worked on them many times .

According to the ex works list MEV 10C was sold to Reg Giacomo , the Greeves Italian dealer , as was PVX 97D .

Chris

Comment

A GRA member asking who rode that outfit????? None other than Alec Wright. Those 2 were the only survivors after the 2nd Day of the 3 Day trial. Alec did a major top end job to continue in the trial, somehow finished and got best 250cc Sidecar, with Jack Clarke's 350 Enfield as the overall s/c winner.
          79 was J.H. Bull of Bristol, who won a Bronze medal. 77 was Jim Sandiford's mount and 73 was ridden by Bill Wilkinson. These latter 2 were riding in a parallel ACU selection event and despite the extra tasks set them, Jim was clean at the end, so Gold standard, while Bill dropped 11 marlks, so went down to Silver standard.
          Last edited by Brian Catt; 31/03/2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

1966 Welsh.

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
            Took nearly a minute to download those pics. Rural Suffolk broadband is pants!

Brian, Great Pictures....both atmospheric and a good reference.

Colin.........Nah Nah Nr Nah Nah ! We got Super-fast Broadband here now, B.T. have changed the Carrier Pigeon, so I can download Pictures like this before the Kettle boils now.

See you Sun.

Comment

Working...
            X