Help with ISDT info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

458 joo

458 JOO was around in 1980 but as we found with 7 LHK that does not mean it still exists, particularly if it was the actual bike that was destroyed in NMM fire.
    The vehicle details for 458 JOO are:
    Date of Liability 01 02 1980
    Date of First Registration 02 04 1963
    Year of Manufacture 1963
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 246cc
    CO2 Emissions Not Available
    Fuel Type PETROL
    Export Marker N
    Vehicle Status Unlicensed
    Vehicle Colour MULTI-COLOUR
    Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
      Nothwithstanding the obvious riding number error, the frame had no number stamped.
      Some definitive information has come up from elsewhere. I now have the reg nos and frame nos of all three bikes - plus the Fritz Selling one which was also a works machine.

458 JOO was allocated to Peter Stirland.

As all four machines had 24IN frame numbers, and Phil says the NMM one which was destroyed did not have one, it may have been spurious as he suggests, so perhaps the fire wasn't quite the diaster we feared - at least from a Greeves point of view.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Brian,

As part of my 'Project Leek' I am also building a 350 Bullet ISDT rep to go alongside the '63 Greeves. I have quite a bit of interest from the REOC (via club mag articles as they don't have an excellent forum like we do ). The only problem is I can't find much in the way of RE pics. Don't suppose you have any please?

Plotting of the '61 route is proceeding apace. Going down to Wales for the New Year and hopefully will be able to recce the western extremities of Day 1!

Comment

Rob, I hope you are pencilled in for the ISDT100 ride in August? It will be all tarmac, but those Lakeland passes are steep.....

Comment

Brian,

I sent off the mail enquiry form but have not heard anything yet.

I've been down to Wales for the new year and managed a look around bits of Day 1. It was very misty and with plenty of large puddles up on the 'mountain' as it is called locally!

Those boys must have been tough to get around in the times they did!

Comment

Working...
            X