Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wessex-frame number clarification?

Hi all!

I have greatly missed the forum, good to be back!

So, I have a line on a Wessex and Ranger...cant reveal my source.

Have been pouring over my Greeves books and general online info...can't find exact frame # for the Wessex.

It is 42TJC183...I am sure it has to do with the Headlight and speedo/odometer that is on the bike. It also has the 32A engine, from what I have come across it should have the 37A.

Thanks for any and all input!

Have a good one!
    Tammy in KY

The TJ prefix means it's a Wessex. I think the C indicates that it was originally supplied with Ceriani forks.

But I could be wrong, if so I will stand corrected...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Tammy,

I can tell you that the TJC is an 'export specification' model Wessex fitted with spring fork. The parts book is GMC 142.

Couple of notes on the engine:

M52/D engine complete (Spec. 203 FE)

A few different parts such as layshaft and 27T high gear. It then states remainder of spares as per Villiers 34A Engine Spec. 203 F. (Wide Ratio Gearbox and S25/6 Carb).

Perhaps some learned Villiers Guru can add to that (where are you JW!?)

Must rush, got to get the '60 Bullet ready for the Talmag trial (no 2 strokes so its an excuse to remind myself how light a Greeves is when I fall under the RE!)

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Sorry Colin, not trying to out do you! It's just that what you have just written wasn't there when I started (if you see what I mean!) Cheers, Rob

Comment

Hi all!

Thanks for the info!

Well, the Wessex doesn't have Ciralini forks, she has the "banana" forks with the springs.

Please bear with me on my terminology...still learning

I must retract the 32 A, she has the round barrel and I believe the 37A. We are in the process of negotiating for the Wessex and a Ranger...both definitely barn finds.

We have only spoken with the owner and have received some pictures.

We will know for sure if the girls are ours tonight or tomorrow night, we then will pick them up on our way to Greeves Days in CA !

I am taking the laptop with me and will try and post more then.

Thanks again,
          Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Sorry Colin, not trying to out do you! It's just that what you have just written wasn't there when I started (if you see what I mean!) Cheers, Rob
            Oh well, wrong again! I know 24MX5C indicates a Ceriani-forked MX5 Challenger 'cos I had one. Thought it might be the same system - but that would be too simple for Greeves, wouldn't it?

Tammy: "Ciralini". Love it!
            Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 24/01/2011, 09:51 AM. Reason: punctuation
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

That's me for you! I am blushing and chewing on my foot again.

Thanks for the info..can't find that frame # anywhere!

I did read in the Greeves book that since the 32A and 37A were the only villers that the rights were bought to around the time of the Wessex and last Anglian's...wouldn't surprise me to have one turn up with a 32A.

The round barrel just threw me for a loop...but then found that answer in the Greeves book...missed it the first time.

Thanks again for the info and glad I could give ya'll a few LOL
              Tammy

Comment

Working...
              X