8E Villiers Trials Bike Carby and Ignition Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E Villiers Trials Bike Carby and Ignition Options

I'm looking to make my Villiers 197cc 8E easy to start and run well from idle suitable for trials work. What is the carby of choice? What is the best ignition setup?

The correct carb for the 8E is an S24 or S25 on later engines, the original flywheel mag system works well if everything in good order. You may care to download this service sheet. http://www.icenicam.org.uk/library/V...1955-07-05.pdf As a matter of interest what model Greeves (what is frame number) do you have as only the 1954 & 5 bikes had the 8E fitted and are vary rare. The engine was changed to the later 9E in 1956.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/06/2023, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I used a 6E Motor in my James Trials.
      I added a Breather to the back of the flywheel plate. A thin profile 'O' ring behind the Alloy cover and a sealed with a Rubber Car innertube.
      Original points set up, much easier to adjust than the 32A fitted to my Greeves. I had a small file mark on the Gearbox dipstick and used it in the spark plug hole to set piston height when doing the timing.
      A coil and condenser were mounted on a bracket I welded under the Fuel tank.
      Std Carby and set up for the 6E motor.
      The Total set up ran really well for Years, still going strong but left my ownership many years ago now.

whitehillbilly
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X