Anglian front axle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian front axle thread

Can someone tell me what size/type the thread is on Anglian fitted with Ceriani forks? I need to clean up threads from having the two parts cad plated. There was a wee bit too much plating put on them.

Thanks

Ken
    Eastern Ontario

Ken, Measure the dia of thread and count threads per inch. I think you will find it will be 9/16 in dia x 20 tpi which would make it 9/16th BSF. which was a common thread for Greeves wheel spindles

Comment

Thanks John. As it's a Ceriani forks I thought it would be metric.

Ken
      Eastern Ontario

Comment

Possibly but unlikely unless someone has made a new spindle, a check on size with a micrometer or vernier & if possible a thread gauge should confirm

Comment

Early ceriani spindles had m14 x1mm so be careful Greeves must of made in house later on as later Griffon did indeed have 9/16 x 20 tpi

Comment

Should be easy to identify 14mm thread as it equates to 25.4 tpi quite a bit finer than BSF

Comment

If you are 'cleaning' up a cadmium plated surface ensure you wear a mask. Cadmium is extremely toxic. Hexavalent chrome.
              Are you sure it isn't zinc plated.
              I am not saying in this case but some do mix up cadmium and zinc as both used to be hexavalent chromate passivated (the yellow colour) where most zinc is now clear passivated using trivalent products leaving the silvery colour with a very slight blue tinge.
              Cadmium plating in the UK is Reach restricted to the aerospace and building ship industries and is due for complete phase out in a few years.
              I think Canada is also going that way.

Comment

Working...
              X