Anglian Bar Clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian Bar Clamps

Hi. I'd like to fit Renthals to my 68 TJS but it's got the steel bar clamps. Does anyone have a photo of the correct clamps or better still know where I can buy some? I see TDS are offering some but the bottom half of the clamp seems to be absent!
    Thanks for your help. Charlie

The bottom half of clamps is cast into top yoke of the forks on a TJS which had tele forks
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Charlie
      what forks do you have fitted
      Gary

Comment

Ah they are bananas, sorry should’ve mentioned that first!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie D View Post
          Ah they are bananas, sorry should’ve mentioned that first!!
          They then need the clamp top and bottom. There are numerous sets on eBay, just need the correct hole pitch https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...amps&_osacat=0

Comment

Thanks John, I have seen those ads, however I would like to know what was originally used on the banana forks. Was it 2 U bolts or 4 separate bolts?

Comment

Thanks Charlie I thought it would probably have
              I have u bolts I think I have a pair of bottoms somewhere I will look when in the unit
              Gary

Comment

Champion, many thanks Gary.

Comment

Would not the U bolt fixing cut into the alloy Renthall bars?

Comment

TDS show an insert that fits the top half of the bar http://www.tdsclassicmotorcycles.com...en-uk/d45.html

Comment

Should be OK with the inserts. Maybe buy the ones from TDS and the bottom clamps from Gary. If you do decide to buy from TDS (Terry Sewell) make contact with him first to check he has stock, as there have been reports that some products are out of stock but web site not been updated. If Gary does not have bottom clamp you could always make yourself or get a local engineering firm to make up a couple. easy to just bore a 7/8 hole & fixing holes in a block of aluminium and cut in half. As a matter of interest you say the bike has steel bar clamps, why cant you use these? should be OK to use with Renthall bars as long as the edges of the 7/8" dia clamping faces are radiused so as not to cut into the bars.
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/01/2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

2 U bolts onto a steel pressing were original, no good for alloy bars the pressing would cut into the bars.

Comment

Ah ha thanks for that John & John, I'll try to get hold of Terry and look for an alternative lower half.
                          Cheers Charlie

Comment

Do not use the steels clamp that has the chrome bit below, as John Pattinson has said they cut into alloy bars danger !! I make mine from alloy flat you can then have the height you want

Comment

Cheers Anglia Man, I agree the chrome part will definitely damage alloy bars.

Comment

Working...
                              X