Anglian suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian suspension

I expect this has been covered before, but I am rebuilding a THS Anglian with Banana forks, it has 340mm rear shocks, what do people find best for the front, same length, slightly longer?
    Thanks in advance, Mike.

The original rear shocks were 11.9" centre to centre, the front 13.9". Hope this helps.

Comment

The Anglian fitted with banana forks is one of the best steering trials bikes of it’s time. Second only, possibly, to a TFS fitted the same.
      if you fit longer units on the rear this will have the effect of sharpening up slow speed steering, especially on tight sections.
      the best way forward, in my opinion, is to go longer front and rear and aim to match the spring rates as close to the riders weight. Choose multi rate springs where possible. Any of the reputable shock suppliers should be able to guide and assist in making the right choice.
      A secondary benefit of going longer on the rear is improved traction. The rear wheel will be in contact with the ground longer.

good luck if you choose to fit longer units. Lots of other variables, like tyres, pressures, etc. don’t change too many things at once without testing, or riding in a trial.
      Last edited by Phil Hyde; 30/12/2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X