Scottish Exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Exhaust.

Scottish 24TCS, 32a engine fitted with scrambles barrel................Tried exhaust system for size but bracket on silencer does not line up with rear suspension bolt and looks like I may have to shorten exhaust pipe by around 1 inch. Is Armours exhaust system for the Scottish usually a good fit? Would the fact I have a scrambles barrel fitted make any difference?

Plug that is fitted is a DENSO W24FS-U. I think the NGK equivalent is NGK B8HS but would a NGK B6HS be better?

Thanks again for assistance
    Cheers, John.

The exhaust port on the 34A iron barrel is the same position as the 32A so will not effect exhaust pipe position. Cant help with silencer fixing but as Armours are a pattern system I would expect some differences. If its just a matter of shortening the exhaust pipe then thats the way to go. The original silencer had an additional fixing on the rear sub frame (see pic). Armours make a short and long silencer this looks like the one for your bike https://www.armoursltd.co.uk/product...ort-swing-arm/
    The original spark plug would have been a Lodge HH14 (now obsolete). Replacements are Champion L82C or NGK B9HS
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/10/2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      The exhaust port on the 34A iron barrel is the same position as the 32A so will not effect exhaust pipe position. Cant help with silencer fixing but as Armours are a pattern system I would expect some differences. If its just a matter of shortening the exhaust pipe then thats the way to go. The original silencer had an additional fixing on the rear sub frame (see pic). Armours make a short and long silencer this looks like the one for your bike https://www.armoursltd.co.uk/product...ort-swing-arm/
      The original spark plug would have been a Lodge HH14 (now obsolete). Replacements are Champion L82C or NGK B9HS
      Thanks for that. Cheers, John.

Comment

Working...
      X