Clutch Springs 32A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Springs 32A.

Maybe a stupid question this but how tight do you tighten down on the retaining washer that retains the springs in the clutch?

Cheers, John.

With one of these https://villiersservices.co.uk/index...roducts_id=415

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      Got one of these Sorry if not being clear enough, what I meant was how tight do I screw down the nut (no 7 in pic) that compresses the springs ?

Cheers, John.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	92313

Comment

Need to go easy on tightening down that nut, John. It is too easy to shear off the end of what-is the gearbox main shaft ............. Ask me how I know? Recommended torque setting is 32 ft lb (44 Nm).

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
          Need to go easy on tightening down that nut, John. It is too easy to shear off the end of what-is the gearbox main shaft ............. Ask me how I know? Recommended torque setting is 32 ft lb (44 Nm).
          Brilliant, that's what I needed to know, thank you, could not find any mention anywhere in the manuals I have.
          Cheers, John.

Comment

Not a stupid question by the way, John. Ask away! Answer came from little Norton Villiers Maintenance Manual V.E.C.161.
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 27/09/2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
              Not a stupid question by the way, John. Ask away! Answer came from little Norton Villiers Maintenance Manual V.E.C.161.
              Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
              X