Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Primary Chain Case Cover 32A

There's always something
    Got a replacement 32A Inner Chain case Cover some time ago as mine was damaged. Replacement looked good until I tightened the outer cover with new thicker gasket and discovered a crack in the case which was invisible until pressure was put on cover!
    Now on the hunt for another 32A Inner Chain Case Cover......anybody selling one???
    Shed now closed and bottle of wine opened

Get it welded?

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
      Get it welded?
      If I can't find one, looks like I'll have to

Comment

It seems a shame to scrap something if it is 60 years old, and can be repaired. It shouldn't be much of a job for someone who can weld cast aluminium. Probably cheaper than a replacement. Just a thought

Comment

Alternatively, ask Steve at Villiers Services or Gary Bamford (britishbikes1970.com) about an unused (and intact) replacement, John.

Comment

Yep ask Gary B

Comment

Very sorry I don’t have one at present but we weld alloy in house and repair cases all the time
              thanks
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by garybam4711 View Post
                Very sorry I don’t have one at present but we weld alloy in house and repair cases all the time
                thanks
                Gary
                Thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind.
                Cheers, John.

Comment

No shame in having welded engine casings, John. Most of the rest of us do!

Comment

I used a 'Lumaweld' rod and a Blow toarch many years ago to repair a Villiers Case on a 6E motor.
                    Would imagine a better, easy to use product would be available today.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Working...
                    X