Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Scottish 20TA

Good afternoon all,
    a recent purchase of a Scottish - can I ask some help please?

Side stand/prop stand.

does anyone have a stand surplus to requirements please? or maybe be able to take some pictures of your own side stand for me to make one?

I have tried Parkwood and Greeves motorcycles but the former hasn't answered yet and the latter email bounces !! so maybe no longer trading

I may have to make something but a picture of your own stand would help greatly

many thanks

There is a prop stand on eBay for a Hawkstone, similar fitting I think so probably can be made to fit a 20TA https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275344813...YAAOSw6iBiohw~ You may also require the spring fixing bracket https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175273526...0AAOSwztZheeMu Also you will needa spring but these should be readily available from eBay spring suppliers once you have worked out the length required.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/06/2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hyatt View Post
        Good afternoon all,
        a recent purchase of a Scottish - can I ask some help please?

Side stand/prop stand.

does anyone have a stand surplus to requirements please? or maybe be able to take some pictures of your own side stand for me to make one?

I have tried Parkwood and Greeves motorcycles but the former hasn't answered yet and the latter email bounces !! so maybe no longer trading

I may have to make something but a picture of your own stand would help greatly

many thanks
        Parkwood apparently only respond to items they actually have on eBay. As for Greeves motorcycles I would give them a miss

Comment

Here is the Greeves drawing for prop stand if you want to make one, unfortunately it is only the assy drawing and you will also need the component drawings, and for 'C' bracket and spring. Gary Bamford the drawings officer may have these.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/06/2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

That is super many thanks all , I'll be busy for a while now

Comment

Just to clarify, my engine plates have 2 slightly angled bosses built into them 1 nearside , 1 offside which clearly this stand pivots upon, and on the inside faces of the plates, a place to hook springs , C plates.

Comment

Could probably save you some work, Richard. I have one very similar to drawing, going spare in the shed. Is original so would need a clean and re-paint but all angles measure correctly. You would need to sort spring and fittings though. As has been said, Gary could probably help with those.
                Send me a private message if interested.
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 17/06/2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Richard
                  i do the spring and c bracket please look on my website

thanks
                  Gary

Comment

Will do Gary thank you

Comment

Thank you for looking

Comment

Working...
                      X