Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Standard Rear Shock Absorber Length

Hi,

Anyone happen to know what the standard length is for TFS rear shock absorbers? Distance between centres would be great

Thanks,

Ian.

Ian

11.9” was the original factory length. Modern thinking suggests using 12.5" with leading link forks and 13+ with banana, or Tele forks. It's all about influencing the steering.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Phil Hyde; 01/07/2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

As Phil says. It seems that 340mm is a popular choice these days - I opted for 360mm, am running quite long tele forks. Obviously if you're going for an original look the bike will be sitting a little high.

Comment

Good point there Ian.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, setting up a trials bike needs serious thought when it comes to suspension, ride height, and tyre choice

Comment

I was unsure what length to use on my trials bike so when for njb ultimate rear shocks as they are length adjustable and i can't fault the performance. As for overall set up i run 31 inch long front forks with rears set at 360mm giving me a fork angle of 27 degree which works for me

Comment

Interesting - I have 32 inch tele forks - with soft springs - and 350mm shocks. I have been advised by someone knowledgeable that I trust that the shocks are too long and need to be about 1/2 inch shorter. Having had a look at some other Greeves with similar setups mine looks about right.

Cheers,

Ian.
            Last edited by ian640; 02/07/2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Personal preference. Someone else i know runs 360mm and 30 inch forks abit steeper than i like. Also depends on which frame, which yokes (i run parallel no offset) the list go's on

Comment

Working...
              X