Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame spacers

Frame No 61/1323 thus should be a 24 TDS

I have just measured, in situ, the font cast downtube frame spacers. Both are 12,00 long. Probably an error of +/- 0,50 on this measurement due to paint, wear, measurement difficulty etc. Should it be the same for a 20 TD frame. (Frame number 61/1035) that I have and am slowly putting back together.

I have checked back through Leading Link magazine but cannot find anything for these models.

Thanks
    John Gresty

Spacer Diagram

John
    Here is the spacer diagram that was published in LL. Hope you can read it.
    Just checked myself and these charts only cover roadsters, sorry I cant help further.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/09/2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Greeves Spacers

In my dealings with designing and manufacturing engine plates for Triumph-Greeves it has been quite apparent that on some frames the factory weren't too fussy about dimensional tolerances. For example, a typical cast down beam has 2 No. 3/8" clearance holes. You may find up to 1mm of difference in the measurement across the beam width. Quite often it is necessary to machine new spacers to ensure the engine is vertical in the frame as well as in line or parallel with the wheel centre line.

Phil
      Last edited by Phil Hyde; 10/10/2016, 12:48 PM. Reason: Because of update

Comment

Frame Spacers.

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        John
        Here is the spacer diagram that was published in LL. Hope you can read it.
        Just checked myself and these charts only cover roadsters, sorry I cant help further.
        Hi John,

Although these charts were drawn up to cover roadster models, they do actually cover a lot of the off road models as well, but you need the relevant part number for the spacer in order to look them up.

I've just posted a bunch of additional info on this topic here in the GRA Members Only 'Help & Advice' area (http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4816) as this one comes up a lot, and is so crucial to many Greeves models.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 22/05/2018, 11:34 AM. Reason: Attachments moved to members only area in relevant thread/post......

Comment

Working...
        X