saddle query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddle query

It seems that my 1959 250 Scottish should have a saddle sitting on a pair of short springs. Question is.... is this the Dunlop rubber saddle often seen on other trials irons or is it a saddle unique to Greeves?

Dunlop trials saddle info.....

Hi Terry,

This thread contains all the answers and info you'll need; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...+trials+saddle

See posts 7 and 8 especially.

Hope it helps,

Brian.

Comment

saddle

Hi Brian,
      Thank you very much for the direction to the thread. I've had a look at the info. I might have known it was not going to be easy. Thanks to all that R and D what might have been nigh-on impossible for me is achievable! Advice like this is priceless.

Comment

Springs.....

Hi Terry,

Glad the info was well received, it makes it worthwhile posting it.

Just a couple of additional points for you....

The springs and their mounting points were different on very early Greeves trials models, but as far as I'm aware the TA-TC models used the type I scanned the drawings for in the thread I provided the link for. Check that you have the correct rear seat/mudguard sub frame for those springs. I've attached a couple of pics for the TCS version for reference, but the important thing is to check that the mounting points for the springs match what you have (vertical at the bottom/frame end and horizontal at the top/seat frame end) and of course the overall length. On some (much) earlier bikes the mounting was horizontal at the bottom as well...!! It all comes down to which sub-frame you have on your bike, just in case it has been 'changed' over the years.

Secondly, the link that I gave to Paul Savage Springs (who made mine) in that thread appeared to be 'dead' when I checked it yesterday, but here is a fresh one that also contains other manufacturers in his area; http://ukplaces.com/Springs%20Manufa...ch/paul-savage

Paul was extremely helpful at the time and comes highly recommended. He makes parts for several classic bike clubs and is well worth trying, and you can download the drawing that he'll need from the thread mentioned as well.

I've also just updated Paul's link there as well.

Good luck with it Terry, and let us know how you get on!

Brian.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/05/2018, 08:06 AM. Reason: Link added and pics added.

Comment

Duncan of Parkwood products makes these ones, as well as numerous other Greeves parts now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/few-only-...wAAOSwk1haHwG7

Comment

Nice one Tony, thanks for the input mate.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X