Greeves Scottish Hubs/Swingarm-help wanted by new member in Cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish Hubs/Swingarm-help wanted by new member in Cornwall

I have a 1960 250cc Greaves Scottish. I am having trouble re-assembling the wheel hubs as I don't think they are all genuine parts as I have lots of washers in there.
    The front hub is a paddle type.
    The reat hub is a tin type.
    If anyone can help me with diagrams or information on how to re assemble them I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
    Also should there be any shims or spacers on the swinging arm as when tightened up the swinging arm seems to to be touching the plates on the frame.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
    John

Scottish Hubs and Swingarm.

Hi John, and welcome aboard!

Firstly, if you send me a PM (Private Message) with your private email address I can send you some scans of the diagrams you need. I can also help you out with spacer info too, but first please can you confirm which model your bike is? If it's a 1960 bike it's very probably a TC/TCS (like mine), but if you can include the frame number in your PM I can be certain.

Further, I posted some info on paddle/tin hubs there for another member that you may find helpful as well. If you have a look at the second pic that David Muir handily attached to his first post, there's a good one showing the kind of swingarm/plate clearance you should be seeing on your bike. Here's a link to the thread in question;

As far as your swingarm 'spacer' issue goes I can send you a diagram that shows the arrangment, but I was wondering...do you have the right swingarm bushes fitted? If you have a look at this post you will see that they (original type) should have a slightly longer inner tube. Some bushes currently 'doing the rounds' need two small spacers to be fitted as both inner and outer tubes on the bush are the same length...Even with the correct length (inner tube) spacer the clearance is a bit tight against the plates. Have a look at this post for further useful info on swingarm bushes, assuming you haven't seen it already of course;

Hope all this helps to be going on with John, and I'll get those diagrams off to you as soon as I recieve your PM.

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/09/2010, 12:40 AM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Working...
    X