Greeves TCS registration number VER881 did you ever own it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves TCS registration number VER881 did you ever own it

Does anyone recall ever owning a Greeves 24TCS with the registration number VER 881 frame number 60/1600
    The bike was supplied new by Cambridge dealer Claude Scott of Fitzroy Street Cambridge in November 1959 & sold to a Peter Tyler of Cambridge & later to Edward Carter of Cottenham, Cambridge. The ownership trail then goes cold until being acquired from someone in St Ives, Cambridgeshire as a basket case without paperwork by GRA member Dick Dunkley circa 2000. Dick sold it onto another ex GRA member Roger Neal of Hauxton in November 2011 who in turn sold it to Fred Nicklen of Warwickshire in Feb 2012. He has since restored the bike & it has been bought via a dealer Webbs Classic Motorcycles by a current GRA member who has contacted me to see if I can help with reclaiming the registration (VER 881) which unfortunately is not on the DVLA. Back in 2011 I looked up the bike in the Cambridgeshire Archives where I found the record of first two owners listed above, whilst I obtained a copy of the record at the time it was not used to recover the number & as it did not show the frame number it would not now be acceptable to the DVLA who need to see a link between the registration & frame numbers.
    So the only hope is that someone may still have the old buff log book.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 18/01/2017, 10:40 PM.

Now on eBay https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...24tcs-scottish

Comment

Working...
    X