Where is 'Works' Pathfinder HOO 66H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is 'Works' Pathfinder HOO 66H?

In a recent post on another thread, John Wakefield queried the current whereabouts and status of Scott Ellis's 'work' Pathfinder'. As this is the second query JW has made in regard to this bike (the first being in his thread on 'Scott Ellis' elsewhere in the 'Trials Machines' subforum), I've taken the liberty of moving it here in the hope he will get some responses.

I recently moderated a similar type of query posted in a wanted advert in the 'Sales and Wants' subforum. Once again, it's worth considering making a query such as this the subject of a new 'dedicated' thread in the right area of the forum, rather than tack it on to another post/thread about something else. It keeps threads 'on topic' and easier for everyone to access, and may be more 'visible' leading to a better response. Here is JW's post in full, with the relevant query;

'Bikes at Battlesbridge' (relating to some pics Adrian Dickerson posted from this year's Battlesbridge event.)

The Pathfinder EHJ 441H is Dave Pinks recent rebuild of the Scott Ellis 'duplicate' HOO 66H. Does anyone know where the 'real' HOO 66H is? According to DVLA web site its taxed until end of October, so someone must be riding it.

So, can anyone shed any light on this bike?

Brian.

"Works Bikes"

Hi,

The whole question of "Where is......." relating to ANY bike is a difficult one, as there are no easily followed pathways to find out. I've been trying to locate my 18th Birthday present Norton Commando, SRF 62 L, for years through the Club/Media/last known owner route, but to no avail. There used to be a DVLA link to tell you exactly where the 'bike was, and, upon application, one could be put in touch with the present owner through a third party. However, I believe the Number Plate lot ruined this. If sought after 'bikes do still exist, in whatever condition, they are difficult to pin down as many owners either do not, or cant be bothered to let anyone else know that they have them.
    This is especially so with 'individual' bikes such as ex-works or one-offs. I'd say most who have such as these know what they've got. There will be a few who don't, but would they want the hassle of knowing that their old "ride to Work" James was an ex-works SSDT machine worth 10 times it's current estimate?
    Mass publicity is the ONLY way to locate odd items, like the lost rarities that turn up on the 'Antiques Roadshow', so maybe a bit of help from Morton's might be in order?

Just a suggestion...

Peter R.

Comment

Peter
      I think the point is here is that if the owner is reading the forum he may come forward, or someone may have seen it at a show or trials meeting. We know the bike exists as when Dave P went to obtain a V5c for the frame he has, (duly stamped with correct number on Greeves official plate), it 'bounced' & when a police check was carried out the other HOO 66H it was deemed the original. The police would not tell Dave who owned it. Anyone who owns & has restored a Pathfinder must have more than just a passing interest in Greeves or trials machines in general, so its likely to be with a GRA member or passed member.

Comment

Hoo 66h

John,
        Unfortunately the Police are not able to disclose this sort of information as they are bound by the data protection act. If this info was given out and someone objected, then the officer responsible would lose his/her job.

Comment

Unfortunately the Police are not able to disclose this sort of information
          Yes I realise that, but thought the owner might like to come forward of his own accord & tell us about it, after all it has an interesting history

Comment

Still missing HOO 66H Scott Ellis's works Pathfinder

Three years on I thought I would 'bump this one up' again to see if the owner comes forward.
            This is the latest DVLA print out for HOO 66H
            Date of Liability 15 11 2013
            Date of First Registration 24 04 1970
            Year of Manufacture Not Available
            Cylinder Capacity (cc) 175cc
            CO2 Emissions Not Available
            Fuel Type PETROL
            Export Marker N
            Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
            Vehicle Colour NOT STATED
            Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

On first sight it looks like its licenced BUT as was found a few years ago with 7 LHK this was not so & it was an automatic yearly update done by the DVLA computor. So it looks as though the bike has been lying untaxed for a number of years. We know it exists, as back in 2010 it was judged by a DVLA/police inspector as being the genuine one rather than the one Dave Pink restored.
            A check on ASKMID shows it unisured so the owner does not consider it worth insuring even for fire & theft!!

Comment

Working...
            X