Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Guard and Lights for TFS

Hi All,

I read an interesting test on a TE here.

It states at the end that lights and a rock guard are available as accessories.

I'm assuming the rock guard is the tube that can be seen under the RHS of the crankcase of Don's bike here. Am I right?

I was wondering if this part was still available? If not I guess it's a choice of a wanted ad or having one made.

Thanks,

Ian.

The TES and TFS shared the same rockguards. There are drawings for the most important parts (the tubes) in the archives. You just need some 3/4" tube and a way of bending it!

Comment

Ian,

I can take some photos of mine for you (both sides) so you can see where they bolt to and what the ends look like.
      Coupled with the tube drawings you should be able to put together an authentic set.
      Let me know if you want the photos and I will take them tomorrow.

regards,

Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter,

That's very kind of you. I'll PM my email address.

Thanks,

Ian.

Comment

Rock Guards....

Hi Ian,

There's a couple of pics of a much modded TCS with similar rock guards to the ones you are after here;

Thought they might give you some ideas....hope they're of use.

Good luck with your project!

Brian.

Comment

Hi Brian,

Thanks for those.

I'm just looking for some way of protecting those cases from the rocks.

Is there an alternative bash plate available or is it a case of make your own?

I've also seen pictures of TFS which appear to have the frame underneath replaced with a bash plate.

(As you can probably tell I'm just starting to build my knowledge on these machines).

Thanks,

Ian.

Comment

What is the kickstart on the bike in the picture? Is it available? My (assumed) standard lever fouls the footrest, even with it folded up.

Thanks.

Comment

Kick Start Lever

Ian,

Search for Kick Start on the Villiers Services site and you will find pictures of the original kick start and also an after market one which may provide more clearance from the foot rests.
                Hopefully this link will work:
                Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

regards,

Peter.

Comment

Rock Guards - further info etc.

Originally posted by ian640 View Post
                  Hi Brian,

Thanks for those.

I'm just looking for some way of protecting those cases from the rocks.

Is there an alternative bash plate available or is it a case of make your own?

I've also seen pictures of TFS which appear to have the frame underneath replaced with a bash plate.

(As you can probably tell I'm just starting to build my knowledge on these machines).

Thanks,

Ian.
                  Hi Ian,

Glad the pics were of interest.

The tubular rock guards were used on the earlier bikes with flat engine plates. Later bikes (Anglian) used a 'boxed-in' engine cradle, designed to offer additional strength and protection, and I've seen various mods done to these over the years (as you describe) with extra plates welded onto the sides (or base) to cover the outer cases. In fact, even the earlier type have had similar mods applied, for example some of the factory ISDT bikes. Here's an example, this bike being the ex Brian Stonebridge Gold Medal winner as restored by our own much missed mate, the late Tim Griffin; http://www.cyclechaos.com/images/f/f..._greeves-2.jpg

Here's a link to an old article on Trials Central showing one person's solution, although in this example I would personally be a little concerned about weight (to say the least....!) Anyway, thought it might be of interest, and it shows the later boxed-in engine cradle design well; http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/...or-my-greeves/

Another thing to consider is adding a little extra ground clearance by fitting inch longer rear shocks, a common mod which some people like because it also quickens up the steering a little.

Please keep us updated on progress Ian, and hope this helps a bit.

PS. Hi Peter, hope you and yours are keeping well, and 'good spot' on that aftermarket kick start lever!

Brian.
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/03/2016, 07:08 AM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Hi Brian was going to add a comment, but yet again i cant open your attachments all i get is you are not allowed into this page ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                      Hi Brian was going to add a comment, but yet again i cant open your attachments all i get is you are not allowed into this page ?
                      I expect Brian has put the child locks on it dick......

Comment

Opening links etc....

Hi mate,

Beats me bud.....

Can someone else check the links please? They open OK for me....

I promise I didn't put the child locks on...besides, I don't know how to use them and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed to....not until I'm older anyway.

Brian.

Comment

The links work ok for me

Comment

they all open what you or anyone puts on except the greeves page in your message ??

Comment

New link to try.....

they all open what you or anyone puts on except the greeves page in your message ??
                              Hi Dicky,

Try this link and see if it works for you mate. These are from one of my 'albums' posted on here on my profile page, and are the two pics I linked to in my earlier post that you are having trouble with. They are on the fifth row, 1st and 2nd pics, of this page; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...bumid=1&page=2

Brian.
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/03/2016, 06:46 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Working...
                              X