Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20T exhaust options.

Hi chaps,
    Are there any alternative exhaust systems for my 20T?
    It currently has the Scottish type system but I would like to change to a more compact unit which can be fitted either on the right or left of the engine and using a new front pipe loop.
    Engine is 9E but with 250 round barrel & head fitted.
    Thanks in anticipation Ken.

Exhaust

Seems that nobody has any suggestions on this query so thought I would raise it again, there are many trials bikes on Google Images with short silencers either on right or left and as I have no love for the long Scottish System looking forward to getting a few ideas. Amour do one but it does not look the part, something along the lines of the old Peco I used to use in the 60's but they are no longer available. Would also be interested in making one if details are available either in steel or alloy.

Comment

exhaust

I have the same problem with finding a exhaust for my iron barrel TE .Alan Wright (Telford show ) sells a stainless exhaust for the villiers iron barrel ( and small WES silencer) which is like the TES one and comes along the right hand side of the engine.The problem is its for a James/FB and the alloy beam on the greeves is to big for it to fit .I have ordered one and I`m going to weld a piece in to extend it from the barrel so hopefully it will go round the beam .When I have done this I will post some photos.The exhaust is similar to the stainless exhaust Villiers Services sell.
      Simon

Comment

Silencer

Thanks Simon, I contacted Villiers some time ago when I bought a front pipe which puts the silencer on the L/H/S but they did not reply about a matching silencer so they may now stock them. Look forward to seeing your pictures, I am not ready for an exhaust yet as the restoration has some way to go but the more options I have the better - regards Eddie

Comment

Eddie I don`t think Villiers services sell a trials silencer .This is the one I brought from Alan Wright which is for a James/FB only suitable for the right hand side.
          Simon
          Attached Files

Comment

Silencer

Good picture and I like the silencer, if the tail pipe was cut and re welded it might fit bit there will be the mounting plate problem so could be a non starter after all. I like the design but reworking it could ruin the internals but would still like to have a closer look - Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X