One owner 68 Anglian found in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One owner 68 Anglian found in California

Today I became the second owner of a unique '68 Anglian to go along with my '68 MX4 360 that I found in a shed in Acton, CA a couple of years ago.
    The Anglian was purchased by the original owner from Nicolson Motors to try out trials as he'd been a keen desert racer with BSAs, Nortons etc. Unfortunately his 6'4" frame didn't lend itself to trials (which is why he removed the seat as he found it easier to ride without it!). After a couple of outings which racked up a total of 12 miles on the odometer, it was wheeled into the garage where it has sat for the past 40+ years since 1975 gathering dust.
    The owner passed away in 2009 and his son recently decided to sell the bike.
    The rust is mainly surface and the original hammered silver paint is in good condition. The Dunlop trials tyres still have their 'nipples' and even hold air despite having some small cracks here and there.
    The mudguards appear to have been painted by Nicholson to match the tank and the red front mudguard is actually fiberglass (rear is alloy). The late owner's son thinks it is highly unlikely his father would have painted them himself. The tank still has 1975 petrol in it which was ethanol free so the tank is not softened and hasn't been lined.
    Aside of a good cleaning, the bike won't be restored since it is such nice 'original' ex-works condition. Even the security wires are still in place on the exhaust and carb bolts.
    The engine kicks over with good compression. A set of NOS handlebar grips will be tracked down and the late owner's son is presently tracking down the seat which is 'somewhere in the garage' according to his sister.
    I have posted a few photos of it on the Nicolson Motors Facebook page.

I have asked for the next genuine one owner bike to be sent straight to me! A good clean and adjust seems to be on the cards for this one, stand by for pics soon.

Comment

Working...
    X