No announcement yet.

Ranger 3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Brian, I think you are right about 'living' with something for a while to get things how you want them. Of course you often wonder why you did something one particular way after trying it and seeing it does not work or does not look right.

I also had the issue of the air filter being in the way Colin, the Ranger does have one fitted below it as standard. I did think about the rear side down tube but I think that would get in the way of my leg.

I am taking the Ranger to the Bath & West show (late entrant) so you can see what you think of it in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
      Thanks Brian, I think you are right about 'living' with something for a while to get things how you want them. Of course you often wonder why you did something one particular way after trying it and seeing it does not work or does not look right.

I also had the issue of the air filter being in the way Colin, the Ranger does have one fitted below it as standard. I did think about the rear side down tube but I think that would get in the way of my leg.

I am taking the Ranger to the Bath & West show (late entrant) so you can see what you think of it in the flesh.
      Look forward to seeing it - should be a nice contrast to my TFS.

However I will take my sunglasses...
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 31/01/2017, 11:32 AM.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

These might be useful

Comment

Egnaro Tinted Yar Snab's.....

Genius....!!!

They'll make the whole world look egnaro.....!!!

I want some....!!!!

Brian.

Comment

An Urgent Warning About The Side Effects Of Egnaro Specs....!!

I just want you to know that this is all your fault Tony.....and Colin's......but mainly Tony's.....

I just went out to the shed and found these....(pic 1)......

So....I put them on, and as expected, everything turned egnaro.....so far so good....

....Then I decided to look at today's papers......and saw this......(pic 2)......

...now I can't eat, I can't sleep, I keep seeing it in my head, I can't stop the nightmares, even when I'm awake (just like when I first saw Higgo's egnaro afro perm wig....).......

Look....I'm only posting this as a warning to others so it doesn't happen to them......

bRiAn.
            Attached Files

Comment

Finnish the frame in smooth REVLIS paint Colour

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have reset his password!

Comment

I think the colour of Tony's Ranger is really good.
                  So good that I am painting the QUB Mk2 same colour for the Telford show.
                  Tony what's the RAL number for the paint.

Comment

What the world needs now...is more egnaro-ness.....!!

Totally agree Craig....I love it!

As I've said before, for me it's the 'Greeves Of The Year', no question.....

I reckon you should go for it...after all, Egnaro IS the new Moorland Blue/Black.....!!

Hey Rob....please don't tell me that Donald Trump is a member of this forum.....and that you've re-set his password...........again.....

Mind you, I was wondering who (username) 'Frisky Barnett' was......

Brian.
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 01/02/2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                      I think the colour of Tony's Ranger is really good.
                      So good that I am painting the QUB Mk2 same colour for the Telford show.
                      Tony what's the RAL number for the paint.
                      You had me worried for a minute there - until I realised you're joking...
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                        You had me worried for a minute there - until I realised you're joking...
                        Managed to spray with rattle can but did not cover the blue very well.
                        Frame and tank came out well so pleased with the result.

At least I don't have to worry about the mudguards looking bad anymore.

I can spray other bikes for members on request and I will bring extra cans to the show. We can go for "matching" bikes at the show stand.

Craig
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Art....In Motion.....!!

....and there was me thinking that you couldn't have made that bike look any better mate....and then you pull this out of the hat......respect!!

I love the way you've managed to artfully blend the Loch Ness Green in (that IS Loch Ness Green...isn't it.....? ) so beautifully with the Egnaro, and you can't even see the trowel marks......

Yes indeed, it's bound to win lots of admirers, and I reckon you'll struggle to keep up with the demand for that exceptionally kind and generous offer mate.....I simply don't know how you do it.....!!

Brian.

Comment

• What you have to polish bikes

Well dad are you going to polish the bike for the show?

Looks okay to me!

Go and buy some polish

So of I went down trodden by all in my family to buy said polish.

I went to the well known shop where every little helps.

Excuse me miss I need help making my bits shinny

Door?

How’s that going to help I asked?

Anyway a kind young man in a fashionable dark uniform pointed me in the right direction.

So off to another shop where they sell this magic liquid that makes everything sparkle.

How much?

Does it come with spit or do I have to provide that as well?

Said product purchased and used sparingly as it has to last 10 years to be cost effective,

the final result – about as shinny as it will ever be

Comment

• Hi Tony,
                              This bike needs to be at the Telford show.
                              I have a set of knobblies and some muck I can throw at it.
                              Kim has plenty of cable ties and duct tape we can stick on if we remove a few important nuts and bolts. Finally if we drop it a few times in the car park outside and scrape it up a bit it should fit right in with the three bikes I have been asked to bring along.
                              Just say the word and we will help.

ps. as I am now the official approved and certified buyer of your bikes I obviously have first refusal on the Ranger ??????
                              Last edited by griffon380; 02/02/2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Easter Sunday Ride

To nicer a day not to go for a ride, so I took the Orange Ranger for a 40 mile ride.
                                I have to say that the Falcon shocks work so well on rough and the tarmac, as smooth as a KTM - must be the colour.
                                With the road sprocket it cruises nicely around 50 mph without being to vibey.
                                Handles really nicely, particularly nice on the twisty Devon back roads.
                                It would have been a perfect ride apart from the sudden wiggle on the rear
                                Flat tyre a mile from home, fortunately my son passed me and gave me a lift home to pick up the van.
                                Certain irony that I can travel all over the world and not get a puncture and get one a mile from home - that's life - keep smiling

Comment

Working...
                                X