Clear All

Mot

Everything set for the Mot
    Wheels
    Alignment
    Brakes
    Lights
    Indicators
    Horn the Prince of darkness has been doing his evil work.

Working perfectly Yesterday, new horn, new wiring - old Lucas switches
    Still the trusty push horn which I seem to swap between every bike for my Mot's saved the day. I must get one for each bike, not that you can really call them audible.

Paperwork now ready to send of for DVLA registration.

Comment

New Year's Res....must buy more horn buttons....!

Great stuff Tony, nearly there eh!

Thanks for the new pics mate, really nice. Every time I see this bike it makes me smile.

Lovely (Egnaro flavoured) Jubbly!

Brian.

PS Possibly the hardest packaging to get into ever wrapped around an (block of tetrahedron shaped) ice lolly.....remember them?!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/01/2017, 06:37 AM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Number plate

Dead impressed with the DVLA, about 10 day turn around to get it registered.

STN prefix this time.

Comment

Well done Tony

Great job..

Probably the safest Greeves on the planet

Il have to get you to post your "Tony's guide for registering your Greeves" as I would like to register my Dads 61 TD

Scott

Comment

Safest Greeves on the planet - I don't know what you mean

Comment

Really nice job there Tony,
              Can I send my Greeves's over for you to finish off please??
              Mine look as rough as a badgers arse compared to the Ranger.

Comment

Thanks Craig, however I can't take credit for something that has so much input from others. The idea was mine. Whilst I can find bits, bolt bits on and ride, mechanically - chocolate teapot. Which is why this is such a good club, always support around from knowledgeable and talented people. If you are not a member and reading this, the even better bits of the club aren't written down.

Anyway in a few days the numberplate will arrive and I am not sure however muddy I get it, it won't be visible from the next county.

Comment

Number plate all done, first 3 mile ride around the block. A quick stop to take in the Devon countryside on a sunny day.
                  Starts really easily and runs well, there is an issue with the gears. I can get each gear however I have to flick the pedal
                  up a little before going down, is there a return spring for the lever?
                  Anyway it did not stop me enjoying the ride and hopefully I will clock up a few more miles on it over the coming months.

Comment

Indeed there is a gear lever return spring it can be seen in this diagram http://www.villiers.info/post.php?part=AXG324 item No 68 Part No E7437 Spring gear operating pawl

Comment

Gear Lever return spring

I think you have the later gear box end cover Tony but I cannot tell what one you have because you have a full mag case (uncut) John's diagram is for the old one. Apart from that you need to strip the box down and check the pawls as they are often the main problem. The lever has a flat return spring on the newer box but also has a flat spring for the pawls...Now you are confused!

John P

Comment

Nice post JP.....

Great info JP, thanks for posting.

I didn't know that one, and it just goes to show the wealth of knowledge we have on this forum. It's great to learn new stuff like this from experienced members.

Brian.

Comment

additional bling

I thought I would add an extra tool box to the rear of the Ranger. I have one of Dave's particularly good ones spare so why not.

Comment

Pity that the Ranger was not sold in the UK, would surely have been a sale-able bike, usable as an all round bike. A precursor to the current day Adventure bikes.

Comment

Now I was wondering where to put a toolbox on the TFS. (The air filter gets in the way of the standard setup)...

Got any toolboxes left, Dave?
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Ranger 'Twin'...!

Nice one Tony, looks like it 'should' be there....great idea.

Balances up the 'visuals' at the back end really well I reckon, and as well as being practical it gives the impression that you've added an extra cylinder.....!

Interesting how when you've finished a build and you 'live' with it for a while, you often see these improvements/additions/finishing touches that are so satisfying to include.

Brian.
                                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 31/01/2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X