Ranger 3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tony View Post
    John this one has indicators and uses the the Lucas handlebar switches, two headlamp switches so there is quite a lot of differences. More expensive to use a harness but having used it on the grumph I know it all works well. More importantly for me there is a nice colour coded drawing
    Yes I realise that Tony but it is the same basic circuit as far as the charging side works. I think the electronic voltage control module would be a good mod as it would do away with the need for two headlight switches & simplify the circuit. (God knows why it needed these even with the original system) The indicators would just be wired in on a separate circuit from the battery.

Comment

Battery

I am using 2 6volt 8 amp Celcon batteries to give me 12 Volts. They are the slimmest and fit under the seat. Conveniently they have holes in the top ready to bolt together.
      I have a voltage regulator now so I will start connecting and hope I put the correct wire in the correct place (be a first Dave)

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        I am using 2 6volt 8 amp Celcon batteries to give me 12 Volts. They are the slimmest and fit under the seat. Conveniently they have holes in the top ready to bolt together.
        I have a voltage regulator now so I will start connecting and hope I put the correct wire in the correct place (be a first Dave)

Just remember one thing Tony......always point the extinguisher at the base of the fire...................

Comment

And stand with your back to the wind!

Comment

If it catches fire there be more wind than I can cope with

Comment

Red to red..........

Oh ye of little faith

Comment

Egnaro nearly finished

Now has electronic ignition, lights and starts first kick. The Mikuni was fitted as that what the bike came
                with (thanks for checking it Dave), as did the exhaust.
                A few more small jobs to do then it will be ready for an MOT and registration. I must confess that when my son
                said for f@£$%^k sake do it any colour other than Moorland blue, I think he was right.
                I think his choice of orange has turned out better than expected and the whole thing seems to work - well it does for me
                Soon it will be orange and Devon red mud

Comment

Looks a treat Tony....the colour makes the bike look purposefull & its good to see one thinking outside the box for a change...well done........
                  you should be a prophet with vision like that............unlike me, who has yet to make one!......
                  Last edited by dave higgins; 22/12/2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Egnaro is good....!!

Greeves Of The Year....!!

.....for me, anyway...... With you all the way Dave, and I think your son was right too Tony!

I really like your Ranger, and I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite Greeves ever....it just 'works' so well mate....

Well done indeed, and great that it's nearly ready for you to to enjoy as intended.

Brian.

Comment

Looks great, nice job Tony!

Comment

Very nice bike, you've done an outstanding job As for the color I love it, I am a KTM guy after all Not sure if its the correct Morland orange though

Comment

It looks good! If it were a museum example, then I think it should have been done in the historic colour etc. BUT it's been built to ride by a gent who wants it his way, and he has done a brilliant job of it!

Comment

The next Ranger will be true to it's origins, down to the chrome rims.
                            I am just waiting for a busy man to perform some magic on the frame - no names mentioned Dave --oops

Comment

Looks amazing Tony, that little bit different

Comment

Tony's Regnar Egnaro, 'Before'....and 'After'.....!!

Hi Tony,

.....just felt like posting these pics together mate.....kinda say's it all really, I reckon.

Look.....it's happy again!

Brian.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 24/12/2016, 03:57 PM. Reason: Pics and extra Egnaro-ness added...!

Comment

Working...
                                X