No announcement yet.

Ranger 3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Brian, I was in such a rush yesterday that I put the exhaust guard on upside down. With a bit of luck Dave won't notice - particularly as he went to all the trouble of bending it to fit

Comment

When an Orange needs to be shaped like a Banana.....!

Now that you've pointed it out I see what you mean about the exhaust guard mate....

I know how much you've appreciated Dave's skills and assistance with the project(s) Tony. You can't beat having expertise like that in your corner.

Brian.

Comment

nice bike mate!

Always a pleasure, never a chore as me old nan used to say.......
        But don`t forget, Tony is lucky enough to have john wakefields new VISS ( vehicle information snooper system ) on his side, in the event that Tony should forget his mot failure details....john will be only to pleased to flash it up on screen for all to see.....what a thoughtfull chap...........

Comment

I thought Mr Higgins would have a snipe over this. Fact is the MoT look up is a publically available web site not something I have hacked into. I put it up to show what a trivil failure that headlight adjustment was. How do you accurately measure sideways alignment when the head lamp is attached to the forks, only a slight movement of handlebars will put it out of alignment. Looks like the test station was trying to score brownie points. At the test station I go to they apply common sense

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
            I thought Mr Higgins would have a snipe over this. Fact is the MoT look up is a publically available web site not something I have hacked into. I put it up to show what a trivil failure that headlight adjustment was. How do you accurately measure sideways alignment when the head lamp is attached to the forks, only a slight movement of handlebars will put it out of alignment. Looks like the test station was trying to score brownie points. At the test station I go to they apply common sense
            It might be publicly available john, but why did you feel the need to bring it to the fore, some info is just not your bussiness to post on media sites such as this.
            But what really made me laugh, was your answer to the h/light problem......filing the slots............most people with even a basic amount of mechanical knowledge would first check that the head light reflector is not damaged/loose or in its correct place/ or the bulb is located properly.....keep[ em coming though john....

Comment

ranger

love the orange, glorious.

Comment

Black exhaust

Note the exhaust is now black, and the guard is the right way up.
                Last edited by tony; 17/06/2016, 06:23 PM. Reason: missing title

Comment

A nice set of carbon mudguard would look good

Comment

I think it would look good Phil, however I am trying to keep to the late 60's in terms of parts. I have some stainless mudguards similar to the T100 of that time which I will probably give a brushed affect.
                    I am using T100 alloy (Lucas) switchgear which were just about around at that time and give good functionality as well.

Comment

The Regnar Egnaro/Gregnaro Special.

The pipe looks great Tony, and balances really well with the other black parts against all the egnaro-ness. The 'silver' parts will really bring it all together once they're on.

Really looking forward to seeing the completed bike.

Great job Tony...keep up the good work mate.

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                        The pipe looks great Tony, and balances really well with the other black parts against all the egnaro-ness. The 'silver' parts will really bring it all together once they're on.

Really looking forward to seeing the completed bike.

Great job Tony...keep up the good work mate.

Brian.
                        Exactly Brian, well done to Tony, its definately got orange a peel.......
                        Its easy to copy an idea or design, but the real credit goes to the people that think of it first.....nice one Tony......

Comment

Front mudguard

Front mudguard fitted with bling factor - plastic covers for the heads of the bolts
                          I also fitted some rubber backed stainless steel washers both sides to keep vibration to a minimum. They are small roofing washers and seem to do the job.

Still waiting for the rear mudguard, bit of a hold up in Italy apparently but should be here at the week end. I want the wide type similar in shape to my T100C.

Comment

Electrics!

I am presuming that as the Ranger had a battery to allow a parking light to work, that the out put went straight to the battery. If that is the case then a rectifier such as this is needed

and all the load is taken from the battery (indicators, horn, lights)

I will use the T100 1972 harness as it has all the connections for indicators and lights and worked well on the Grumph and is easy to follow

Comment

The wiring diagramme for the Ranger would be basically the same as for other Villiers 9E & 32A engined bikes. There is a wiring diagram in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...wiring+diagram
                              Alan Osborne of A O Services http://www.aoservices.co.uk/ can supply a solid state rectfier/voltage control module to replace original rectifier & control the battery charging
                              Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/08/2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

John this one has indicators and uses the the Lucas handlebar switches, two headlamp switches so there is quite a lot of differences. More expensive to use a harness but having used it on the grumph I know it all works well. More importantly for me there is a nice colour coded drawing

Comment

Working...
                                X