Interesting Ranger? seen at Felixtowe 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Ranger? seen at Felixtowe 2001

I was looking through some old pics recently & came across a Greeves Ranger with Anglian tank. It was taken at Felixtowe on 6th May 2001 after the annual Ipswich to Felixtowe Road Run.
    From my notes on the back the registration number was PGV 126E & frame number 24CS154. Looking it up on the DVLA records its been untaxed since June 2012 (not on SORN) & is listed as manufactured 1967 first registered 12/4/2000. I seem to recall that it was owned by late GRA member Peter Scott at the time. It apparently on Peters death passed to the late Tim Griffin & is I assume still with his family.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/08/2016, 01:00 PM.

Green Ranger

Another Ranger spotted on Flickr by 'alpintourer', pic taken in 2005 not sure where in the world this is or its frame number.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/08/2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Green Ranger for sale in USA

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      Another Ranger spotted on Flickr by 'alpintourer', pic taken in 2005 not sure where in the world this is or its frame number.
      I have heard back from owner, the frame number is 24CS152 & its in the USA with Dave Steven daveandjanis@gmail.com who lives in Savannah GA. He bought it from the original owner with 800 miles, sat for 35+ years in his basement. Started right up with tank and carb cleaning. Dave had a full restoration done on it using a many original parts as possible. The bike is for sale. Dave has now emailed me further details:
      He has most of the takeoff parts that he replaced with new, had new shocks made that were 1" taller than stock (Dave is 6ft 5ins tall). Bonneville handlebars that have more rise. Also changed the countershaft sprocket to give a higher km/hr for highway. The Ranger has the stock trials gearbox. His asking price is US$5000 or GBP3825. He is near the Port of Savannah so shipping by sea is possible; arrangements to be made by buyer

Interested, then drop him an email

Have attached another pic of Dave's bike plus one owned by Mark Sawicki (frame No as yet unknown) who did the restoration on Dave's bike.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/08/2016, 08:43 PM. Reason: More details added

Comment

Working...
      X