Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on a bike on e bay

Hello.
    I spotted this on e bay, I really fancy one of these just for a bit of tinkering and pottering, however, I really dont know enough about them. If anyone has any thoughts on this one, I'd be very grateful! Many thanks.
    Best
    Will

Here is my post on this bike from the eBay section (obviously being a Basic Member you are unable to have read it)

Looks a tidy runner with V5C
    Note this was sold at Bonhams Stafford sale 18/10/15 for £1035 https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22727/lot/270/ Does not appear to have had anything done to it since. Seller is autojumbler John Harding

In addition, in view of your question I would add that as it stands at the moment £1300 is a reasonable price for what is on offer, note it only made £1035 in the 'real' Bonhams auction. Obviously it is far from as Greeves built it, (home made exhaust system, & shortened front mudguard with home made stays to name a couple faults). It has though potential to be made into a nice little bike, it has a V5c all be it on a later A suffix number, so will not need much to put it on the road. The seller John Harding is a well known auto jumbler & Francis Barnett marque expert so not a bad lad.

Comment

Thank you very much John for your reply. I wish I'd seen it at Bonhams! I will keep an eye on the auction.
      Best
      Will

Comment

Don`t get to upset at missing it at bonhams scalino65, there would have been a buyers premium of 15 per cent plus vat on top, so not so cheap after all.......

Comment

Right place at the right time..

Fair point Mr Higgins...

I agree a good viable project, Scottish values seem to be on the up at the moment, but will probably go down again, then....

Chris Goodfellow gave me some good advise about buying bikes... If you want it? Buy it! If not somebody else will...

Regards

Scott

Comment

Look again Mr Higgins, the price at Bonhams INCLUDED the premium https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22727/lot/270/

Comment

Yeah missed that....shall i delete it now or modify later when no ones looking....

Comment

Chris Goodfellow gave me some good advise about buying bikes... If you want it? Buy it! If not somebody else will...

Thats not bad advice at all! Another favourite of mine is "only fall in love with it once youve got it home". I feel that there might be a very small sweet-spot where the two cross over and if you hit that you're laughing!
                Many thanks for your thoughts chaps.
                Best
                Will

Comment

Working...
                X