Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding footrest option for 20T.

Hi chaps,
    I am looking for a folding footrest option for my 20T can any of you point me in the right direction please.
    Also looking for a gear lever to suit any change of footrest i.e. heel & toe type.
    Best regards, Ken.

Hi Ken,

On my '58-model TA I have some of the usual after-market type, welded to the subframe, but you may not want to do that of course. As for the gearlever, I now use an AMC-type lever, which nicely misses the Villiers side cover. (Yes, the splines are tight, but it doesn't come loose!) It's pointing up at about 45 degrees from vertical, so whether it 'suits' the folding footrests is neither here nor there actually! Hope this helps.
    Andy Briggs.

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks Andy,
      Do you have any pic's of your mods?
      Thanks & regards, Ken.

Comment

Sorry Spike; no piccies available at the mo. But I'll try to take a few and post them before Friday, after which I'll be away with the family for Crimbles.

Just tried to add pictures. Didn't work but I'll try again when I have more time! Sorry.
        Last edited by Andy Briggs; 16/12/2015, 05:13 PM. Reason: Adding pictures

Comment

I got a pair for my TFS from Pride & Clarkes ebay page. Cost about 23 quid. My bikes footrests bolt to the swinging arm spindle so I made brackets to suit and welded them to the new footrests. The bike now complies with modern regs and my feet dont keep slipping off like they did with the originals

Comment

Originally posted by floydbassman View Post
            I got a pair for my TFS from Pride & Clarkes ebay page. Cost about 23 quid. My bikes footrests bolt to the swinging arm spindle so I made brackets to suit and welded them to the new footrests. The bike now complies with modern regs and my feet dont keep slipping off like they did with the originals
            Pride & Clarke? I thought they went out of business in the 1960's the footrests would have been about 12/6d then

Comment

back then it would probably be " buy 3 sets and receive a free M20!"

Comment

Hi Spike,

Whoopee, I managed to add some photos. But there are two more, so here they are:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spike,

Here goes again with the first 5 photos, that I thought I'd just added, but seem to have disappeared (along with the notes that I included). Hmm.

Anyway, I hope this latest effort works. The footrest brackets were welded on by a previous owner and I just use the bike as it is. I've personally replaced the (cut-off) rocking pedal with this AMC one, which improves things no end, especially in a trials situation.

Cheers,
                  Andy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks for the info and pics Andy, all good info.
                    I see you lightened your clutch action, where did the arm come from?
                    Regards & Happy Christmas, Ken.

Comment

Hi Spike,

Glad you find the pics useful. The clutch arm has simply been cut in two and a piece welded in. Not pretty, but it works!

A very Happy New Year to you!

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                      X