34A exhaust clamp bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34A exhaust clamp bolts

Having lost one of the bolts that clamp the exhaust to the head I need another one. For ease I want to use an Allen key type - can some one tell me the length and thread required please -

Thread pitch gauge....

Hi Tony,

You ought to get a set of these for your toolbox. I have three sets that cover most imperial and metric applications. Very handy for jobs like this.

Brian.

Comment

Why not take the other one out and measure it?

If you can then find a nut that fits, you could then sort out the right socket-head screws.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Exhaust bolts

It may be a better idea to replace the two bolts with studs & nuts, that way you do not wear the threads in the alloy barrel every time you remove the exhaust. If you strip a thread in the barrel it would require top end strip and taking barrel to an engineering shop to have helicoil insert fitted to repair the thread, but if replaced by a couple of stainless studs & nuts this will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          It may be a better idea to replace the two bolts with studs & nuts, that way you do not wear the threads in the alloy barrel every time you remove the exhaust. If you strip a thread in the barrel it would require top end strip and taking barrel to an engineering shop to have helicoil insert fitted to repair the thread, but if replaced by a couple of stainless studs & nuts this will not happen.
          Helecoils can be fitted in place with only limited access required, i use them day in day out & kits can be bought of ebay or engineering suppliers for as little as £15.

Comment

Working...
          X