Clutch back together (32A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch back together (32A)

Not known for my mechanical prowess I have put a new primary chain on the Anglian Enduro. Whilst it all seems to work okay, there is a crunch going into first.

Should the nut that holds the springs in be tighten as far as it goes, effectively compressing the springs? I did it tight but not sure whether it should be tightened more, the outer screw on cap with adjuster nut is tight.

These clutch & primary drive locking tools are essential. Dont use a chisel or punch on clutch end cap as it will damage the holes.
    Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

The clutch hub locking tool can be made up from an old clutch plate, a rod & bit of weld.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/10/2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelle34A
      Fortunately, I suspect most readers here today have a little more to rely on in the way of tools than an old plumber's bag hanging from a nail in the shed with only a lump hammer and a Stanley 'Yankee' with a chipped tip inside....

M
      Don`t be to hard M, its good to see that john has learnt from his mistakes & is now dispensing information on how to use the proper tools.....

Comment

Captain Crankshaft.

Hi Dave, M, Tony,

I once stripped a Ducati clutch using the power of osmosis.....does that count?

I gave it to the Mysterons in the end and they made it better for me. Afterwards, it was the only part of the bike that was indestructable.

bRiAn.

Comment

Great tip Brian!......but can anyone straiten out johns scarlet Yankee?........

Comment

Totally agree M....if you want good tools..you gotta go into TOWNMATE.....

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I am sure the last person who took the clutch part had quite a good selection of chisels and other pointed implements. I have used the correct tool to tighten the outer locking nut so just need to have blast down the lane to see how it performs. There lies another issue as it dies after when it has run for a while, and then does not want to start - until the next day. Can I assume that it might be the condenser?
              The bike must have been used a lot (A Heath and Co scratched on points cover) in difficult conditions as there are still a few studs sticking out of the tyre.

Comment

Condenser is a good starting point Tony & are cheap & easy to replace. Symptoms point to that.

Comment

Tkc80

Found a cheap supplier of TKC80 tyres which are great off road, surprisingly good on wet tarmac.
                  They do wear a little quickly on heavy Trailees such as KTM990, though the power to the rear wheel has a lot to do with it. I used these when I was in India on the KTM.
                  On the much lighter and less powerful Anglian Enduro they should last well and give good on road and off road traction.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk £50.20 (rear)

Very similar pattern to the original - minus the studs

KTM with same tyres in Himalayas

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                    Found a cheap supplier of TKC80 tyres which are great off road, surprisingly good on wet tarmac.
                    They do wear a little quickly on heavy Trailees such as KTM990, though the power to the rear wheel has a lot to do with it. I used these when I was in India on the KTM.
                    On the much lighter and less powerful Anglian Enduro they should last well and give good on road and off road traction.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk £50.20 (rear)

Very similar pattern to the original - minus the studs

KTM with same tyres in Himalayas

Oh yes, that good old reliable KTM!

Great tyres those TKCs.

Comment

Working...
                    X