carbs for 24TJS Anglian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs for 24TJS Anglian

my m/c currently has a Villiers S25 carb fitted, having dismantled and inspected I find the needle showing signs of wear which I believe to be a " "number 3.5". The correct carb is I believe a AMAL 376.
    I have no problems with the S25 except the spark plug is black and I cannot find a way to weaking the mixture, without replacing the needle plus any jets recommend. Does anyone know of a source Villiers spares or should I leave well alone or go for it an buy the correct carb

Villiers Services http://villiersservices.co.uk/

Comment

Hi,

I personally like the villiers carb..

You can adjust the mixture in various ways, what you need to work out is where it's running rich?

The needle adjustment is adjusted by a slotted screw in the throttle slide, it should be stiff so it stays put, it's tedious to adjust as you need to keep taking the carb top of to get at the screw..

The air screws on the side.

And finally the jets.. A 250 villiers trials motor generally likes a 140 main jet.

Worn slides usually make them run weak..

Hope this helps. For what it's worth villiers services used to supply a fully rebuilt carb for around £65.. That was a while ago though..

Scott

Comment

thanks for your help

many thanks for the info, what colour plug do you think is correct?

Comment

A brown color but only after the engine has had a good run to get up to temp & burn off oil.

Comment

thanks for your help

yes this what thought but it's nice tohave comfornation

Comment

Working...
            X