TE or TES Ground Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE or TES Ground Clearance

I have put just put together a basket case 1963 Greeves TE with TES engine cradle. I have completed a couple of pre65 trials on it and find the ground clearance too low - in fact less than my TCS. Any suggestions as to what the ground clearance of a TE or TES would normally be. i.e. between the bottom of the engine plates/cradle and the floor?

Seek and ye shall probably find...Part 2....

.......see this thread (Post #5, Pic 2) which is where I posted the factory TE/TES Brochure.....ground clearence is quoted in the specs as 9 1/2".......

Brian.

Comment

Hi JIM,
      I, HAVE JUST BEEN OUT TO THE WORKSHOP AND FOUND THAT MY tes AND tFS ARE APPROX 10"GROUND TO UNDERSIDE MY ANGLIAN IS ABOUT A HALF INCH HIGHER,MAYBEE WITH THE FORKS PUSHED UP WITH LONGER SPRINGS WHO KNOWS, IF THE lEADING LINK ARE WORN THEY WILL SIT DOWN LOW, SOME PUT TELES ON AND WITH DIFERENT SPRINGS ETC THAT WILL LIFT IT UP.

i THINK YEARS AGO WE ALL COPED WITH THE SECTIONS AS THEY WERE AND TOOK IT FOR GRANTED AS ALL BIKES WERE ABOUT THE SAME THEN, TODAYS CLERK OF THE COURSE ORGANIZERS SET TRIALS OUT FOR TWIN SHOCK 70 PLUS BIKES THAT THEY EVEN TWEAK THE HEIGHT ON THEM.

BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT OTHER REPLYS WE GET ON THIS

Comment

My 100**kilos may sag things a bit, but my TCS has 10 inchs, with out me on it. Original front suspension bushes, 20 year old NJB front and rear shocks.

whitehillbilly

Comment

TE or TES Ground Clearance

Many thanks Brian for the link to the brochures and to Dick and whitehillbilly for their info. I shall look at repositioning the front bushes as they have no preload and replacing the worn out rear shocks with longer ones.

Comment

Greeves Suspension Info etc.

Hi Jim,

Here's a couple more links to threads with loads of useful info that may come in handy, if you haven't seen them before.....

Hope it helps.

Brian.

Comment

Many thanks Brian - I had not seen these before
              Jim

Comment

Working...
              X