Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials exhaust for 1960s bike.

Hi,
    Can anyone please advise if the exhaust pipe in the attached pic is a commercially available item. The silencer looks very like a cut down Montesa 315 one.

My bike is a 1960 Hawkstone SCS bitza set up for trials use with altered footrest position, a trials seat and a Parkinson conversion. The top fork yoke is the trials shape, presumably the whole forks would have to have been changed?.
    Any comments on this question please?.

Regards,
    George.
    Attached Files

Many thanks for that very useful info. Really, I'm not a lazy person, just a silver surfer needing to polish up my Googling skills.
    I actually ordered some stuff from Villiers Services last night and saw the James/FB pipe but not the Greeves one, indicating that I have to make better use of the search button on websites.
    The SM Bultaco item does seem to be the one fitted to the bike in my pic and is very similar in construction to the Montesa one.
    I have to confess to being a bit careful in my Googling nowadays. A couple of weeks ago I was looking for info on crushed stone material suitable for a base for a garage and unthinkingly typed in "hardcore". Now every time I hear a noise in the night I leap up thinking it is the SWAT team breaking down the door in a dawn raid.
    Thanks again,
    Best regards,
    George.

Comment

Working...
    X