Ranger arrives today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger arrives today

After nearly six months the Ranger I bought at Christmas arrived in Devon today.

It was crammed in with numerous other British bikes returning home after many years across the pond .

Le Ranger sont arrivee

Very nice Tony. Doesn't look like it needs too much doing, assuming you can get it going. Crank seals could be OK.

Does your import man do Triumph engines?

Phil

Comment

There were quite a few Triumph engines, I think mostly 650 - Eldon from Owens motorcycles was there - he has a large stock of everything, vast Marching hall filled to the gunnels, worth a call http://www.owensmotorcycles.co.uk

I will Pm Alan's phone number to you as he has the shipments and you could check what he's has in stock

Comment

Great to see that it's finally home! These Rangers are getting quite common in the uk now. Knowing you, it'll probably be on the road before my one.

Comment

Nice to see you have ngot it at last! the bike behind it is that an Anglian or more likely a TFS?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelle34A
            Nice bike!

Quick question as its a little difficult to see from the photo, but is there a weld between the actual footrest mounting bar and the other longitudinal crankcase protecting bar that runs from the swing arm pivot to the front mount on the cradle?

Thanks,
            M
            Assuming its the same as my one, the footrest mount and crankcase protector is one piece, pretty much the same as on a Challenger.

Cheers,
            Andrew

Comment

TFS Trail

It is a TFS, possibly a trail as it has the same mountings as my one - I bought it with the Ranger as I wanted a few bits from it,
              however it is to good to break so I will get it going and maybe use it for some trials/trails.
              I have the steel tank that goes with it and I have the correct seat. I have a spare exhaust and silencer made up the same as my Trail.
              I need to make up an air filter and get some mudguards and it should be good to go. That said there are a few other projects that are further up the queue so it won't be for a while.

Comment

It's alive

A good bit of luck - the Ranger had a spark so I swapped tanks for one that had some fuel in - couple of kicks and she started. A quick ride up and down the field - all gears select and the brakes work

A bit smoky as I made the mixture a little rich as I did not know how long it had been standing and what condition the bore was in.

Quick u tube clip of the first ride

https://youtu.be/v2zJJTvCRK4

Comment

Working...
                X