Serial Numbers 24 TES MK11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Numbers 24 TES MK11

I have 535 PF , originally registered by Comerfords on 4th October 1963.

I bought it from them in 1965, sold it in 1967 and repurchased it in 1998. It had spent all of it's life here, on the Isle of Wight.

Did the factory use a different serial numbering system for the Mark 11 as the number stamped on the frame is 24 TES 388 MK2 ?
    1963 TES SN 159
    1964 TES SN 331

I have the brown registration book with the Comerford's first registration stamp

If anybody has an answer to this or info on the bike, would be greatly appreciated.

The year given against frame number would have been the 'season' of build not the actual year it was manufactured, so your bike, although registered in Oct 1963 would be a 1964 model so would align with the 1964 number series.
    As an aside I note that your bike is not on the DVLA database so presumably its never been registered with them & does not have a V5c. I would advise you to apply for a V5c under the V765 scheme as one never knows when the DVLA will put a stop to re registering old bikes under there original number. As you have the old buff logbook this should not be a problem. John Collard (Druid on this forum) is the GRA dating officer & can help & advise with this.

Comment

Serial nos 24TES Mk 11

Thank you John
      Cleared up a longstanding debate!
      I have a V5 , registered it in 98 when I reaquired the bke. Ifound it on the DVLA database under 530 PF, sorry for the typo.

Best regards
      Adrian Medley

Comment

Working...
      X