1960 Scottish 24TCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Scottish 24TCS

I thought I'd share some pics of my recently acquired Scottish, I'll do some better ones if the weather ever improves.
    The caption for the first photo should read "I was hoping the Mrs didn't notice it..."

Its currently fitted with a 9E engine, 110D series, no idea what this is from but I don't think its from a Greeves. Needs a lot of little bits and pieces sorting on it, but I can't complain as it was cheap. The first job will be to sort the footrests as it will be used in trials, and I hope to do this somehow without destroying the original rigid footpeg set up. Probably by removing the whole assembly and starting from scratch!

Andy the 9E engine (110D) was originally supplied to Keele Engineering for a Go Kart. (info from Villiers Everybody's Engine by Rob Carrick
    Will your missus let you bring the Scottish back into the dining room after it comes back from a trial covered in mud?

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      Andy the 9E engine (110D) was originally supplied to Keele Engineering for a Go Kart. (info from Villiers Everybody's Engine by Rob Carrick
      Will your missus let you bring the Scottish back into the dining room after it comes back from a trial covered in mud?
      The 360 has been in there several times after being covered in mud!
      Its just a temporary situation, until I sort my garage out.

Comment

Andy - never mind the bike I'm really impressed by the boot store.

I managed to get my bike into the kitchen once whilst she was away, but boots, never.

The Scotsman looks quite tasty. I just hope its not quite in the state my 'fully restored' one was. The only thing I haven't had to rebuild yet is the crank & top end - and please God I hope I'm not tempting fate.

Looking forward to seeing you mixing it in the Gentlemens / Sportsman class.

AndyB

Comment

At least you have been thoughtful enough to put a "environmental mat" under Mr. Godley's old bike, Andy!
          I think I would need to put a bucket under the old Grumph ........ if I ever dared bring her indoors?
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 23/02/2015, 05:21 PM. Reason: Another senior moment!

Comment

John, it's quite easy to stop oil leaks in Triumph engines......take it all out!

Comment

Good suggestion, thanks Brian, but it doesn't work! Have you tried it?

Great bike, by the way, Andy. I rode my first two seasons of the Greeves Championship on one just like it. Yes ........ on a Scottish!
              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 23/02/2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Andy,
                Love the pics.
                I have posted my TCS frame number on another post, wonder how close they are ????
                I have been using for YEARS, Neutral Cure, clear roof and gutter silicone on cases or anything.
                I haven't had a leak for ages.
                Apply, bolt up, leave over night, before adding oil, or running. Couple quid a large tube. Being clear, once fixed, wipe excess.
                Works on Manifolds, exhausts, crank cases, lock tight for bolts.
                NASSA invented silicone to stick the heat tile on the space shuttle, so can it handle heat. The Tiles glow white hot, on re-entry !!!!

whitehillbillies

Comment

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                  Hi Andy,
                  Love the pics.
                  I have posted my TCS frame number on another post, wonder how close they are ????
                  I have been using for YEARS, Neutral Cure, clear roof and gutter silicone on cases or anything.
                  I haven't had a leak for ages.
                  Apply, bolt up, leave over night, before adding oil, or running. Couple quid a large tube. Being clear, once fixed, wipe excess.
                  Works on Manifolds, exhausts, crank cases, lock tight for bolts.
                  NASSA invented silicone to stick the heat tile on the space shuttle, so can it handle heat. The Tiles glow white hot, on re-entry !!!!

whitehillbillies
                  My TCS is number 1540, so a bit earlier than yours. I reckon yours must be among the last TCSs built.

And I thought I was the only one to use silicone for nut-locking! It seals the threads, stops the nut shaking off, but is easily removed with a spanner. I once used it to fix a huge crack in a BSA petrol tank while touring in France. It was Vic Eastwood who showed me how useful the stuff is on motocross bike exhausts, way back in the 70s. It was expensive then!

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

TCS 60/1540 for sale

Now on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-TC...YAAOSwi0RXxUEf
                    I assume still with Andy Z.
                    Just the sort of bike that 'bunchybooboo' is looking for for greenlaning.

Comment

Yes, after sitting in my kitchen for 2 years the Mrs has finally had enough of it! Had it running today. I just have too many projects and not enough space or time.

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

'Buncybobo' was looking for trials bike for greenlaning

Despite some advice & pointers to buying one he does not seem to have posted again You bike would be a good choice

Comment

Working...
                        X