logbook opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logbook opportunity

A friend of mine who has no access to the 'net makes the following offer. He owned a 250cc Scottish in the early '70s, then used as a field bike, and sold it on to someone who had no interest in being a registered owner, so kept the logbook. He wonders now if the present owner, if he is out there somewhere, would like the logbook and the proof that comes with it of the original reg. The bike was a 24TDS, frame number 61/1675, engine 863B-1905, and the reg was WRV 236. It's last sighting was Northamptonshire in '74. I'll pass on any enquiries, so a phone number and /or email would be good.

Frame No 61/1675

I have looked up the reg No WRV 236 on the DVLA Database & it does not come up, (nor is it on another vehicle) so looks as though the bike may have 'demised'. Of course it could be around on another 'age related' number when it got sold on without paperwork, or of course exists as a frame in someones shed.
    So TDS owners need to check their frame numbers, with the old logbook that number could be recovered should the owner wish to do so. Its good that your freind has made the offer.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/02/2015, 08:44 AM. Reason: etra text

Comment

logbook

Thanks for checking, John, I'm not familiar with database searching like wot you are. The logbook will stay on the shelf just in case the frame turns up in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X