KJN 502E where is it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJN 502E where is it now

This post has been moved from Chris Goodfellow thread.
    The bike in middle pic KJN 502E has not been taxed since Nov 79 wonder if its still around. The guy second from left in pic is John Pease so maybe his bike.

Vehicle enquiry
    Registration number: KJN 502E
    Untaxed
    Tax due: 01 November 1979
    MOT
    No details held by DVLA
    12 month rate £38.00
    12 monthly by direct debit totalling £38.00
    Monthly by direct debit totalling £39.90 (Monthly payment of approximately £3.33)
    Vehicle make GREEVES
    Date of first registration 07 June 1967
    Cylinder capacity (cc) 248cc
    CO₂Emissions Not available
    Fuel type PETROL
    Export marker No
    Vehicle status Not taxed
    Vehicle colour NOT STATED
    Vehicle type approval Not available
    Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
    Revenue weight Not available
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/02/2015, 12:32 PM.

kjn 502e

I aquired this machine in 1974. I swapped it with a chap from leicester for my 1971 asi yamaha that came brand new from terry silvester complete with race equipment. I did not know anything about the greeves apart that it had a factory connection which surfaced many years later.bright royal blue frame, chrome cradle and swinging arm,reh forks,full width hubs,wideline crankcases,and remote steffa coil under tank.used to go to work on this bike,till someone nattered me to sell it to them.it went to alad called larry parkes of cartworth moor near holmfirth,and thats the last i knew of it.have photos somewhere.richard gee. 01484 532179.

Comment

Kjn 502e

Interesting Richard, if the guy you sold it to knew it was something special maybe he held onto it although it does not seem to have been of the road since 1979 (was that the year you sold it). Cant see a Larry Parkes listed at Cartworth Moor, but there is one in Huddersfield aged 55 -59. Maybe someone knows him or the bike.

Comment

kjn 502 e

hi,i sold the bike in 1976,as i had just got my first car. larry parkes was the son of a walter parkes who was a foreman at hopkinsons valves hudds where i worked at the time.I used to come on either the greeves or my velo,pre motor car days and i got so fed up with them nattering i let them have it.perhaps terry or keith may know the answer,being holmfirth lads.I used to nearly live at there place when they brought all the stuff up from the factory about 1977. I got abrand new anglian frame and swinging arm wrapped up in crepe paper for £35.00! still have it with no 1 anglian housed in it.

Comment

Do you still live in the Huddersfield area? might be worth asking around to see if you can find it. A letter in the local paper may do the trick. There are two entries on www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk for Larry Parkes in Yorkshire both in Huddersfield
          LARRY PARKES - MITRE STREET, HUDDERSFIELD, HD1 4NT (2002-4)
          LARRY PARKES - NEW HEY ROAD, HUDDERSFIELD, HD3 3FE (2012-14

Would be interesting to know the history of the bike also.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/02/2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X