Traffic Mens Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Mens Trials

Re the article on the Essex Police Trials Team in the Jan LL (181)
    Just checked out the three 24TA Scottish bikes shown in photo on page 27.
    Unfortunately it looks as though none survive. 252 SEV & 617 GKN are not on DVLA whilst 749 FPH is on but has not been taxed since June 1978
    Interesting article.

Re;Traffic mens trials

Hello,
    Unfortunately, i have been working away,recently. This is the first chance i have had to get to a "proper" computer.

Just wanted to thank Colin, for doing such an outstanding job on Traffic mens trials story,and all of the trouble he went to contacting my Dad,[and even finding a picture of the team,we had not seen before],it really did make my Dads day.[Sgt. Harry Cook]

He has many happy memories of that time,particularly,the unstinting help and support from the Greeves Factory and many of the staff he came into contact with.

He still helps me with my Greeves Scottish,[pictured]we have a great time together.
    Attached Files

Comment

My pleasure Russ, glad you both like it!

Thanks again and best wishes to Harry.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Interesting to note that all three machines had different county registrations. We're they supplied by dealers with factory input?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
          Interesting to note that all three machines had different county registrations. We're they supplied by dealers with factory input?
          In the article it says the coppers bought secondhand bikes & Greeves rebuilt them for them. So yes they would have had different area registrations

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
            Hello Phil,

Greeves said to my Dad,if the team could go out and buy second hand machines,in a basic condition,[i.e cheaply...],Greaves would completely refurbish/upgrade them ready for competition.

I just want to make clear,that my Dad and the team,were enthusiastic Amateurs,and were in no way up to the standard of the works riders.Although,several times the Greeves factory went above and beyond,and lent them works bikes.

My Dad,also had the use of an old sand pit,owned by a Farmer,who was on good terms with my Dad,[near Linford,Grays Essex].Greeves used it several times,for testing,including when the Pathfinder was being muted,he still remembers the testing of the pathfinder.......

Regards,
            Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              My pleasure Russ, glad you both like it!

Thanks again and best wishes to Harry.
              Thank You Colin,i will pass them on.

Best Regards,
              Russ.

Comment

Working...
              X