20tc & 20tcs 1960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20tc & 20tcs 1960

What's the difference between a 20TC and a 20TCS?
    I notice in the "identify" section there is no reference to the 20TCS, so how is it identified?

20tc - 20tcs.

Hi Andy,

As far as I know, both models were identical apart from the tank finish in this instance; 20TC (stoved silver tank) and 20TCS (dull chrome tank.)

The 'S' was used in this way to denote additional/alternative 'special' parts on some Greeves models (MD/MDS etc.)

As always, I stand to be corrected.....

Brian.

Comment

Hi Andrew/Brian.

I think your right Brian,

I think the s model also got the heavy weighted flywheel aswell as the posh tank.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
        What's the difference between a 20TC and a 20TCS?
        I notice in the "identify" section there is no reference to the 20TCS, so how is it identified?
        The 20TC had a standard 9E engine, the 9E in the 20TCS had heavier flywheel, high compression cylinder head and modified porting. The factory quoted 9.3bhp @ 4,500rpm for the TC and 12.0bhp at the same revs for the TCS.

The TC tank was finished in Essex Grey stove enamel, the TCS tank was dull chrome.

That's about it. IAITB

In the dispatch records the 20TCs and 20TCS' are mixed together, with an endorsement against the TCS' - "tuned engine". So the only way to be certain if a bike is a TC or a TCS is to consult the dispatch records.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Many thanks for the replies, I must read the book more carefully!

I may be getting my first Greeves trials bike soon.....

Comment

TC Factory Pics, etc.

Hi Andy,

I've just uploaded a parts book covering your latest aquisition - see posts #7 and #8, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...2504#post22504

Here's some factory pics as well, as kindly sent to me many moons ago by Colin....it's good to share. Bear in mind that although these pics are of a 20TC, they will also serve well for the 20TCS and 24TCS models too. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the only visual difference between these models was the stoved silver tank (TC) or dull chrome tank (TCS), and this wouldn't show up too well in black and white anyway....

Hope this helps Andy, and don't forget I've also uploaded a 'Service and Instruction Handbook' covering your bike in the 'Help & Advice' area - see posts #2-#5 here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4751

Twanger.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/01/2015, 12:35 PM. Reason: Additional link included.

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

You're most welcome Andy. Hope it's of use!

Comment

Working...
                X