No announcement yet.

TFS Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil - I am continuing with dear old Riflegreen's Anglian register. He has listed all numbers in the range, not just those in the despatch register. The idea was to try and capture as many details as possible of exported bikes. Chris really regretted not being able to save the export records and was trying to reconstruct them for the Anglian.

So, if anyone out there, particularly in distant lands, has an Anglian, please let me have your frame number. As usual, that is all the detail required although you are free to add what you like. We are very aware of the security implications.

Whoops, sorry to have borrowed your post Phil!

Comment

Registered

Rob

Already, I have 3 export TFS on the register. For the time being i am adding to a version of the UK despatch record.

Must go........

Phil

Comment

HI Phil, just found this thread on my exploration of the GRA forum as a new member. My bike is 24TFS 410. It was supplied new to John W Groombridge Motorcycles, Heathfield, Sussex. I am restoring it and hope to be riding it this spring.

Comment

Registered

Cheers Tim

Comment

Had a dig in the garage and the filing system:

Mine is 24TFS385 - one of the last dozen or so to be made?

It was dispatched to Comerfords on 04.06.65.

Comerfords records show that they registered it JPG 608C. Sadly it has lost that number and DVLA told the previous owner (Don Morley) that they couldn't accept a photocopy of the relevant page of Comerfords' sales record, so I probably can't recover it.

The first owner was J.W. Santer from Hawkhurst in Kent. He took delivery 03.09.65

I've fitted a pair of MkII trials Bananas, but haven't had the chance to try them out yet. There's some engine bits needed. The plan is a strip, repaint and rebuild. Then MoT and get it road legal.

Any nominations for an interesting paint colour..?
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin,

I hear Moreland Blue is very popular

I'll get me coat

Colin

Comment

Last few made

Of course if you count exported TFS machines, mine are numbered 24TFS 439, 24TFS 631 then there were quite a few more made. If yours is in the last dozen or so on the UK record Colin does this imply that the export numbers started on 400 or there abouts?

Comment

numbers

For the sake of reason alone I will assume that export numbers commenced at 401. Time will tell.

Comment

Greeves TFS register

Hi , mine is 24TFS 260 regd 04/02/1965

Comment

TFS Register

Just to say thank you to all those who have supplied information to the register. I will be working on the database next week and will update then.

Kind regards

Phil

Comment

TFS Register

Hi Phil,
                        Do we know how many TFS models are registered by club members yet ?

Regards,
                        Richard

Comment

TFS Register

Richard

About 20 so far. At least 5 are also on the Triumph Greeves Register.

Kind regards

Phil

Comment

Greeves TFS Register.

Hi 2 more TFS271 + exsport TFS597, hope this helps cheers Bob.

Comment

Working...
                            X