Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish

Hi,

Does anyone know if 632 NNO is still around?
    It was a works bike for Jack Simpson in the 1959 Scottish 6 days trial. I think as a 197cc model.

Mike.

632 nno

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if 632 NNO is still around?
    It was a works bike for Jack Simpson in the 1959 Scottish 6 days trial. I think as a 197cc model.

Mike.
    Yes its around somewhere & taxed (being pre 1960 it does not need an MoT)

Vehicle enquiry
    Registration number: 632 NNO
    Taxed
    Expires: 22 November 2014

MOT
    No details held by DVLA

New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle.
    Vehicle details

12 Month rate £0.00
    Vehicle make GREEVES
    Date of first registration 23 February 1959
    Cylinder capacity (cc) 246cc
    CO₂Emissions Not available
    Fuel type PETROL
    Export marker No
    Vehicle status Taxed and due
    Vehicle colour BLUE
    Vehicle type approval Not available

Comment

632 nno

Hi John,
      I hope that the owner is a GRA member as I have a photo of Jack on it from that 1969 6 day trial (from the comp shop wall) and could pass it on to him.
      The spec of the engine was changed to 250cc before I had bought it from a local dealer ( Peter Watkins )and had been completely refurbished, presumably by the service department, as that was one of our jobs.

Regards,
      Mike.

Comment

Hi John,
        I hope that the owner is a GRA member as I have a photo of Jack on it from that 1969 6 day trial (from the comp shop wall) and could pass it on to him.
        The spec of the engine was changed to 250cc before I had bought it from a local dealer ( Peter Watkins )and had been completely refurbished, presumably by the service department, as that was one of our jobs.

Regards,
        Mike.
        If you dont get any response on the forum Mike. why not get Colin to put a bit in LL. Only a fraction of the GRA members use this forum. You could also get Mike Worthington-Williams to put a bit in his OBM column.

Comment

Hi John,

Will do.

Mike.

P.S. What is the OBM column?
          Last edited by MikeV; 25/10/2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Mike I have just spotted something on the DVLA listing, Expiry Date of tax is listed as 22/11/14 part way through the month. Should be 1st of month. Also a look on the Insurance data base ASKMID shows it unisured.
            This therefore looks like a 'ghost listing' by DVLA as we found with 7 LKH. So I dont think 'its on the road'
            Of course still worth asking as it may be in someones shed or collection.

Comment

632nno

Hi John.

Being a newbe what is the OBM column and how do I get in touch with Mike Worthington-Williams?

Mike.

Comment

Mike - OBM = Old Bike Mart, the monthly ads newspaper. See: http://www.oldbikemart.co.uk/

Mike has a column in it where readers write in either with requests for info or info in response to questions, a sort of paper version of a forum.

Mike W-W and his wife are coming to stay with us next weekend for the London-Brighton old car run. I can pass on the message or you can mail him at: worthycomments@btconnect.com

Hope this helps!

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info'. I'll email him.

Regards,
                  Mike.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info'. I'll email him.

Regards,
                    Mike.
                    Send a copy of the photo as well

Comment

632nno

The frame number of this bike is 59/1626 so maybe its lost its original number & has been re registered. Worth checking frame numbers.
                      As I said before the DVLA 'Taxed' status appears suspect in view of the mid month expiry date. I have just checked 7LHK on the DVLA & this is also shown as 'Taxed' till 14 Feb 2016 and we know that bike has been lost for years.

Comment

Working...
                      X