Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 TES silencer.

Hello
    Does anyone have any info as to where a silencer for a 1963 TES can be sourced, or has any kind soul got one that they would like to sell?
    Managed to get one of the late cast alloy front pipes after looking for years, but have so far failed to find a silencer - one day this bike wil be finished and one day I will finally get to ride the blessed thing.
    Thanks
    Gordon Barker.

Originally posted by Gordon Barker View Post
    Hello
    Does anyone have any info as to where a silencer for a 1963 TES can be sourced, or has any kind soul got one that they would like to sell?
    Managed to get one of the late cast alloy front pipes after looking for years, but have so far failed to find a silencer - one day this bike wil be finished and one day I will finally get to ride the blessed thing.
    Thanks
    Gordon Barker.
    John Harding currently has a complete steel exhaust for the TES on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEVES-TE...item2a429efc5e

Comment

TES silencer

John
      Thanks for the info - I have been watching the one on Evilbay, mind you it's in a bit of a grotty state. Not being sniffy but I don't think I could restore it well enough to match the condition of the rest of the bike!
      Regards
      Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Barker View Post
        John
        Thanks for the info - I have been watching the one on Evilbay, mind you it's in a bit of a grotty state. Not being sniffy but I don't think I could restore it well enough to match the condition of the rest of the bike!
        Regards
        Gordon.
        It should not be too difficult to get one made up, I think they were just a 'box' stuffed with glass fibre wool (loft insulation) with a perforated tube through middle. No doubt there is a drawing in the Greeves archives.

Comment

Working...
        X