Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anglian

Hello Keith,

No idea why, but I cannot upload pictures on this forum.

I have just taken a couple of photo`s on my phone, if you have an e-mail address I will send them over to you.

Regards Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Beach View Post
      Do you know off the top of your head the LL nos of your articles you refer to ?
      I put this info on the earlier thread about the best forks to use on an Anglian.

Anyway, it was Leading Link nos. 59,60,61 - August, October and December 1994.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Back Copies Leading Link

Thank you Colin. Sorry Im in cognitive decline since giving up gainful employment.

Did you have any "back copies" of Leading Link 59, 60, 61 ?
        Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Peter Smith might, he holds and markets the back copies.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thank you Colin
            Dr Keith Beach

Comment

You lot really need to get out more!

I've had my Anglian since the mid 70s and its pretty original. In the 80s I wrote to Chris regarding what appeared to be a sawn off inlet manifold. He explained that the extension of the manifold was one of Bert Greeves' pet theories on induction. The tube was intended to assist in the smooth flow of air/fuel mix directly into the crank cases. In practice they were such a pain to fit that most were sawn off in production. Mine still has the saw marks on it where it was hacked off during assembly! I still have the letter and will bring it over to the AGM, along with the bike! Perhaps we should go for a group ride out!

Keep smiling

Comment

Yep Mike my wife would agree that I need to get out more. So much so that she drove me up to Gatwick in the Phantom and put us on a plane and here I am now sitting abroad more concerned about where my next coffee and beer are coming from !
                Attached Files
                Dr Keith Beach

Comment

inlet manifold TGS

Keith,
                  Did you use your private jet as well? LIFE IS A BEACH

Comment

Fancy messing about like that when you've got an Anglian to ride!

Missing all this great trials weather too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                      Keith,
                      Did you use your private jet as well? LIFE IS A BEACH
                      Or maybe one of these, http://www.flickr.com/photos/pc_plod/7526532332/ go well with the 'vintage' Anglian

Comment

Hi Dick hope you had a good break too. Phantom gone as i was a tad short of the 330000 it cost! My kind of trials weather on fuerteventura but all the dirt bikes were at least 40 years too new
                        Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Very nice John
                          Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Anglian manifolds

I don't usually get involved in this but as Druid has said very little diffference in Anglian or Challenger barrels.I have used both on my bikes.To make a good Anglian engine use or copy correct manifold,you will then get the bottom end running you want, all to do with gas speed at low revs. If it is a Challenger barrel(I've another one to do soon) simply grind out the alloy from the top of the port about an inch in , keep fitting the manifold in and it will indicate to you where to remove metal do not alter port timing at this stage, until the manifold flange sits flat to the barrel.Don't get carried away with the angle of the flange they do vary but only significantly on the Silverstone.
                            From the top of the barrel to the top edge of the exhaust port is usually about 49mm on Anglian, 41 mm on Silverstone, I have just lifted the top edge of my road special to 46mm, but it would be no use on a trials bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X