Brake Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Shoes

Pulled apart the rear brake on my 1960 24TCS, there is some wear but will probably do me for a while, as I made an alloy 'u' plate to pack it out a bit Is there any aftermarket Japanese brake shoes that will fit ???? Or should I just get new shoe's bonded on ????
    Still waiting for some spares to come from Villiers Services, two weeks now to Aussie, maybe the Pidgeon has a head wind, or still on the Camel somewhere
    12t gearbox sprocket done, as is the 55t rear wheel. Everything else standard. Will report on gearing in a month or so.

whitehillbillies

Brake shoes

I dont think there are any Jap ones that will fit & the Greeves hubs owing to imperial sizes. Greeves ones are 6 inches dia (152mm) & in two widths 1" (25 mm)for steel hubs & 1 1/8" (28 mm) alloy. Royal Enfield (Indian) Bullet front are 6 inches and may fit with a bit of modification http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-ENFI...item4ac1441a47
    Villiers Services appear to have cornered the market with these, they are slow delivering to UK so dont expect an instant response to Austraila. Getting new linings bonded on locally would be a good option if you can find a brake shop to do them. Would be cheaper too than shipping from England. if you do that get oversize ones fitted then have them skimmed down to fit the hub.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 18/02/2013, 07:04 PM. Reason: Metric sizes added also link to Enfield ad

Comment

Thanks for your comments John. I have a feeling the ones fitted, I had bonded several years ago, but I cannot remember.

whitehillbillies

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Greeves ones are 6 inches dia (152mm) & in two widths 1" (25 mm)for steel hubs & 1 1/8" (28 mm) alloy.
        Or 7" x 1" on some of the fifties roadsters...
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X