tank differences wessex /TAS,TCS ETC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank differences wessex /TAS,TCS ETC

Does anybody know if the basic tank apart from the rear mounting is the same on the wessex and TAS-TDS SCOTTISH Models . Also for that matter Did some of the works anglians like bill wilkys scottish winner use a big TES/TFS type tank ? Am trying to find an easy way out instead of draining the fuel after every trial on the Anglian

The standard steel tank will fit Pat , just cut of the rear extension mounts , or fit an alloy tank , MDS , TES , TFS etc . ( if you can find a good one ).

Chris

Comment

wessex tank

Cheers Chris , thought as much , will keep an eye out for one thats already been chopped (there were a couple on ebay a while back ) couldnt bring myself to chop an original one ! seems daft but i like the look of the steel tank on an anglian /wessex
      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by bult360 View Post
        seems daft but i like the look of the steel tank on an anglian /wessex
        Pat
        Well, it was good enough for Bill Wilkinson when he won the Scottish on an Anglian in 1969. Not a daft idea at all!
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

All the Works trials bikes used the alloy tanks .

Chris

Comment

Tanks

Hi folks,
            Does a 'Scottish' tank fit on an Anglian?

Thanks,
            david

Comment

Yes , if you cut off the rear mounting brackets , Anglian frame does not have the rear cross bolt to mount the tank .

Chris

Comment

Tanks

Not that it matters much, but the Wessex tank is different to the earlier steel tanks as fitted to such as the TA,TC,TB,TD etc. More important nowadays to keep draining rather than let the Ethyl do damage and the petrol go off. Don.

Comment

You need one like this! Don sold it to me years ago and it has just ended up on my 30-year Anglian rebuild. I believe it originally came from one of the SOO's. Thanks Don!

PS - I've got it to fit properly now. That picture was when I was first sorting out the engine!
                  Attached Files

Comment

wessex tank

That looks suspiciously like a late 4 speed bultaco aftermarket sammy miller tank ! Maybe not though as its different at the front , very similar outline though

Comment

Funnily enough, I had one of those too! It was on GWY 7C, a 4 speeder that I bought from Comerfords. I was really after an Anglian and had one lined up but due to a misunderstanding, I missed out on it. I bought the 'Taco instead and my ambition became to actually finish a trial, it was a heap despite spending a lot on it. I had a bit of luck as I got a very good price on it in part-exchange for a nearly new 5-speeder which I still own.

As a post-script, at a recent Royal Enfield club meeting, I met the chap that bought 'my' Anglian all those years ago.

Comment

wessex tank

I have a few early Bultos , how would you compare yours to the anglian ? what model is yours ?. I think the early ones are best , i prefer the model 49 to the last 6 speed blue one i have, for some reason its not as tiring to ride .The reason i ask is i have prepared the Anglian for this winter and am going to ride it instead of the Bult

Comment

Tank Differences.

Hi,
                          Roger Ennis does a good fibreglass copy of the alloy MDS tank. Have used them quite successfully. Just another idea.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Working...
                          X