Anglian side stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian side stand

Hi , has anybody fitted a side stand to a TGS Anglian as I'm told they didnt come with one from new , thought of maybe adapting one from a TES /TFS,I don't really want to go to the later anglian type as these had a clip up type from standard and isn't very good , thanks Pat

TGS Side Stand

I have a Greeves Anglian TGS Side Stand it is an elaborate looking thing, fixed via the front 'I' frame section, I can supply some photographs if required (to build one) however I will not sell.

Comment

Anglian side stand

Hi I must admit I haven't had time to mess with the bikes recently but any suggestions or pics would be great my email address is pk@frontera.f9.co.uk Thanks pat

Comment

anglian side stand

Richard Deal has them he fits them to new Anglians

Comment

Hi,
          I have both the American and British spec Wessex, they used same side stand as the Anglian. I will get some close up pics today. Thanks to the site I was able to get the tech drawings That would be your best bet, has all the angles etc. I got mine for Grizzy, the American Spec Wessex from Frank and it was twisted etc, without the specs we would have been completely clueless
          It comes off the foot peg and mine had been broken off and long ago lost, had to repair the footpeg too.
          Tammy

Comment

Anglian sidestand

Hi,
            I have a side stand on mine that Richard Deal supplies, which is a bracket welded onto the swinging arm on the drive side. Metal used is a little soft and tends to bend, the bracket bends not the stand. I only changed to this because I modified the footrests and wasnt able to use the original.
            The original ones that pivot from the footrest bracket are ok, use a 22mm copper pipe clip and if you are still worried about it dropping down, cut a bit of front inner tube and put it round the frame so that you can hook it over the end of the stand.
            Both types of stand have done me proud over the last 30yrs I have ridden mine.

All the best Terry Sewell

Comment

Working...
            X