Banana forks query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana forks query.

Common data in a variety of published pieces on the TFS and the banana forked Anglians suggests the Anglian to be some 15lbs lighter than the TFS.

I ride a TE in Pre 65 trials and have pruned its weight down to 215lbs. However its still heavy at the front and I wondered if a large part of the Anglian weight saving was due to the fork change

So does anyone know the weight of the last version of the banana forks fitted to Anglians, with the lower damper mounting between the bottom link sideplates and described by Don Morley as the Mk4 trials version.

How does this compare with last version of the rubber forks fitted to the TES and TFS.

David ,

If I get a chance tomorrow , I'll weigh a pair of original TFS/TES forks for you .

Havn't got a pair of banans off a frame though .

Don't forget the Anglian had the tin front hub as opposed to the alloy British Hub on the TFS/TES .

Chris

Comment

Banana forks

Thanks for that Chris. I think the tin hub is about 3lbs lighter than a skimmed alloy one
      Cheers David

Comment

David ,

Weighed a pair of TES forks and they come up as 21 pounds , does not seem enough to me but I weighed them four times to be sure .

Chris

Comment

Banana forks

Thanks Chris, same as you I thought they would be heavier than that

Comment

Banana Forks

Weight of later Banana forks weighed with a fishing spring balance!!! is 14.5lbs plus whatever the suspension units weigh. I think the Bananas work out a bit lighter, hope thats of some use...John

Comment

Banana forks

Thanks John thats just what I was looking for

Regards David

Comment

Working...
              X