X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Spec Wessex vrs American Spec Wessex

Hi all

I know, scary, Rambeling Tammy is back!

So got a Wessex and a Pathfinder a few months ago from Canada. I also got the Service Notes for the 24TJS and the 24TJ Trials machines.

I was blown away...listed what they referred to as "The Brittish Spec" Wessex and the "American Spec" Wessex.
    2 main differences that I saw according to the book....

1)Tanks, the Brittish Spec the TJ with a smaller tank of 1 1/3 galls, the American Spec TJC with the larger enduro tank of 3.1 galls.

2)The American Spec Wessex came with the Greeves air filter for the Villiers carb...not ever seen one to my knowledge. Both with Villiers S25/6 carb. Looks like all American Specifications came with the Greeves Air filter.

3)Both bikes with same gears, ratios and wide ratio, however American Spec TJC with "hardened" gears? Not sure what that means.

The book doesn't say which forks were specific to model, however it gives directions for servicing both "Greeves" (bottom loop aka banana) forks and telescoping forks...maybe an option either way?

Just some insight that you may already have.
    I will get some pictures of the various pages or would be happy to make some photocopies for anyone interested.

As far as I can tell....I LOVE THEM BOTH!!
    My American Spec Grizzy has a special place in my heart...se was resurected from a sure grave and every part on her frozen...had to melt the piston out of her...she is a sweetheart..has the lights, brake light and horn...soon to be street legal as speedo rebuilt

The Brittish Spec, haven't named her yet...gave me some fits, slide worn on the carb...but running true with a sticky throttle r/t the slide...keeps me in check. She handles like a dream too! She is straight trials, no lights etc...haven't even looked at the coils to see if she has a lighting coil.

Good riding and fun riding all!
    Rambeling Tammy

It references for the Anglian and Wessex the following frame#'s

Brittish Spec 24TJ and 24TJSB
    American Spec 24TJSA-C-D-E
    Last edited by tammyanddaveky; 20/06/2012, 09:51 PM.
Working...
X