• Show
Clear All

Hi Andrew,

It looks a cracker, well done mate.

Regards

Scott 151

Comment

frame number

i have a ranger frame number 24cs 180 so probley shiped to USA same time as 24cs 170

Comment

Spike duly etered on the database .

Cheers , Chris

Comment

[QUOTE i have a ranger frame number 24cs 180 so probably shipped to USA same time as 24cs 170

I have a Ranger (ex USA) with frame number 24CS190 now residing in Australia.

Comment

Thanks rarpos7 ,

Now on the database .

Chris

Comment

Its home!

My Ranger has finally arrived home. Looks better in the flesh than in the photos, started after about 5 kicks, but won't idle at the moment, so I suspect the carb will need cleaning. It was last on the road in 1974!

I have the correct headlight, just need one rear footpeg and a chainguard to make it 100%.

The riding position feels very odd compared to the Greeves scramblers I have - low pegs, very high seat and huge handlebars. Very comfy though!

Sorry about the rubbish photo. I need a new camera.

Cheers,
              Andrew
              Attached Files

Comment

Ranger

Looks a cracker Andy, are you going to take it on Sunday

Scotty

Comment

Looks tidy Andy , If I recall rightly the S25 Villiers carb hasn't got a tickover screw .

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                    My Ranger has finally arrived home. Looks better in the flesh than in the photos, started after about 5 kicks, but won't idle at the moment, so I suspect the carb will need cleaning. It was last on the road in 1974!

I have the correct headlight, just need one rear footpeg and a chainguard to make it 100%.

The riding position feels very odd compared to the Greeves scramblers I have - low pegs, very high seat and huge handlebars. Very comfy though!

Sorry about the rubbish photo. I need a new camera.

Cheers,
                    Andrew
                    Hi Andrew.

Great purchase! Yeah for some reason Nick ordered these big bars for the Ranger and the Challengers...We called them TT bars. I put standard MDS bars on my Ranger and it feels much better.

Maybe I can come up with a pic or two on the Ranger for you and post them.
                    Enjoy your Ranger!

Kenny Sykes

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                      Looks a cracker Andy, are you going to take it on Sunday

Scotty
                      Hi Scott,

Unfortunately the Mrs is away at the weekend so I'm confined to quarters and will miss Battlesbridge

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
                        Looks tidy Andy , If I recall rightly the S25 Villiers carb hasn't got a tickover screw .

Chris
                        Hi Chris,

Absolutely right! So how do you set the tickover???
                        Surely not on the cable?

Cheers,
                        Andrew

Comment

Throttle stop on S25 carb

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                          Hi Chris,

Absolutely right! So how do you set the tickover???
                          Surely not on the cable?

Cheers,
                          Andrew
                          Andrew, you cant set the tickover on the standard S25/6 carb as it has no throttle stop screw. You need an S25/7 from a Bond Minicar engine.
                          Strangely Villiers never fitted a throttle stop carb to bikes.
                          Alternatively you can drill and tap the hole for the throttle stop screw then either make one or buy on from Villiers Services, you will also need the spring

Here is a pic of an S25/7 I have fitted to my 25DC East Coaster with throttle stop screw. Thing is though that the twins have an ignition switch fitted, the singles have not so you will need to wire up a kill button to stop the engine unless you stall it every time, not a good idea if the throttle jams. A wire from the points via switch to earth will do the job.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/06/2012, 04:31 PM. Reason: photo added & extra text

Comment

Like all off road bikes there was no tickover , if you fell of the throttle shut the engine down .

You can get a tickover using the cable but it can alter moving the bars from lock to lock .

Chris

Comment

Greeves 24CS Ranger.

Nice one Andy, good looking bike and it seems remarkably 'all there' as you say. Great when you find them like that.

Here' a few 24CS Ranger reference pics I've posted before.

Brian.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X