Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Rear suspension length.

Hi
    Please can anyone advise the standard length of rear suspension unit for a TFS, and any recommendations for the best length when used in dry (Australia) nadgery trials using standard front LL forks? The bike came with 335mm Konis and looks too high. I have to fiddle with the footrests and need the set the ride height of the bike. Oh, and the side stand is four inches too short! Any help greatly appreciated

Regards
    Peter

Peter,

Standard Girling unit was part number 4813, length 11.9" with a 75 lb spring.

The TFS propstand was the same as the TES, part number M19-U. The stand leg tube is 11 13/16" long (Revision A dated 15/10/61). Previous to this it was 10 7/8" long.

Think I need to get out more!

Hope this helps.

Rob

Comment

Original Suspension Units for Greeves-Info Sheets.

Just to let everyone know, I've posted some info on this topic (covering most Greeves models) in the GRA 'members only' section, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...0601#post10601

Hope it helps.

Brian.

Comment

Gents,
        Thank's for replies. Yes, as I thought, it is high. 335mm Koni's are 43mm longer than standard. I'll have a look in the shed for something shorter and give it a go. Side stand might even work then, it does look original.

Does anyone know of a supplier of engine rock guards for TE / TF's ?

Regards
        Peter

Comment

Hi Peter, do you compete on your Greeves, if so what trials.

whitehillbillies ( Tweed Valley, Northern NSW )

Comment

Qld WDTC on a Cub. Young family and knackered Cub have kept me away for a couple of years. Only just acquired the Greeves, quite a lot to do.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X